Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Powerless when warm

HI. I have a 2004 6.0 f250. I have been having some problems with not having any power when its warm. So i drove it when it was cold and it seems to be just fine when its cold. It seems when it warms up it loses all its power. It stared off as having no power and then just would stall after a mile or so. So i was told i need to clean my EGR valve. So i cleaned it the best i could. After i put it back in i still dont have power but it no longer stalls out. Any ideas on what it could be or what i can do? Thank you!

blacksnapon

Staff member
HI. I have a 2004 6.0 f250. I have been having some problems with not having any power when its warm. So i drove it when it was cold and it seems to be just fine when its cold. It seems when it warms up it loses all its power. It stared off as having no power and then just would stall after a mile or so. So i was told i need to clean my EGR valve. So i cleaned it the best i could. After i put it back in i still dont have power but it no longer stalls out. Any ideas on what it could be or what i can do? Thank you!
The 6.0 needs high pressure oil to operate the injectors. When the oil gets hot, it thins. Any small internal leaks in the high pressure oil system would show more at operating temperature. Do you hear any hissing while running? Have you had any battery/alternator problems recently? Low voltage will kill a FICM (fuel injection control module).

No i dont hear any hissing. I have had the FICM go bad once. I put brand new batters in it less then a year because the old ones were bad. I tryed running it when it was cold again yesterday and it didnt have any power this time. My EGR was pretty dirty. So could my turbo be gummed up and making me lose power that way?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Egr valves can cause a low power condition, as can coked up turbos. Any codes? Remember, you dont have to have a light on for there to be codes.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts