Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new problem, troubles starting

im wondering if anyone has had the same issue im currently experiencing on my 01 supercrew 5.4. since it has turned off chilly, my truck wont start on first crank over, I have to cycle the key on and off 3-5 times before it will start. could the fuel pump be getting weak or could it be leaned out to much since I have the gotts mod installed. im also thinkin I need a smoke test or vaccum test done. any thoughts or ideas

blacksnapon

Staff member
Even more important, when you have the gauge hooked up, after the initial reading, shut it off, then monitor pressure. It should stay within 5 psi for at least 1 minute. If not, its bleeding pressure off. Depending on whether or not you have a returnless system is where the problem is.

ill have to check that out, i talked to my local shop and he told me he would check eveything out. ill post a reply when i a get it checked out, ive been down with a bad migraine the last 3 days so ill let ya know

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts