Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new issue

we are up to 8600 miles on the 2011 ecoboost f 150
today i picked up a uhaul dual axel 6X12X5 ft trailer, loaded it up with 13 kitchen cabinets and towed said trailer 225 miles round trip with the trans in tow haul mode
Truck ran like a raped ape the entire trip. I pull into Uhaul to offload the trailer. I backed the trailer up to where the guy wanted it and threw the truck in park and left it running. It toook the better part of three minutes for him to unhook the chains and disconnect the wiring harness ( he plugged the trailer into the flat connector part of my hitch wiring under the bumper) and once that happened i lost my turn signals.. they would blink if i held them into position and would not blink more than once if i tried to turn them on like normal.. also the idiot light came on for the "Select trac" and the warning system said to have it serviced.
I drove approximately four or five miles like that and parked the truck for five minutes while i went into a service station deli. I came out and first the turn signals worked ok then in a couple of blocks the service light went out and its been fine the ten or so miles home... no sign of any problem..
is this the computer resetting itself or is there an underlying problem that i need to go fight with Ford again with..
PS since they rebuilt my transmission im lucky to get 15.5 mpg

Ford Truck Articles