Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need an opinion

So I was driving my 68 f100 today and it started running like sh't. It didn't die but it def wanted too! I popped the hood and didn't see anything wrong. And now it's running perfectly fine, This is the second time it's happined to me. Bad spark plugs?

It Boggs down majorly, but doesnt die, just for a few min. Then I turn it off and start it up with no problems and it runs fine. It has a 351 Windsor in it btw.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Check the basic stuff...plugs, cap, rotor, wires, fuel/air filter.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
x2 On Duncans Approach....Dave Ive also experienced a partialy clogged Fuel filter which will act in this manor..Happened to me shortly after i replaced it so age does not matter...I stuck a clear 5/16 inline filter before the fuel pump in the fuel line hose,then replaced the filter on the carb...Cured! Dont forget check those gas line hoses for small cracks as well.

I also have the inline clear filter. It looks clean and runs perfect. It ran like crap for 20 seconds an I turned it off. I imeadiately started it up and ran fine. I drove 50 miles after all that. I replaced the spark plugs today and bought a new battery, ill wait and see what happins. It has a minor oil leak, but it doesn't leak anywhere else.

Gangstakr

Gangstakr
Does your fuel pump have the canister looking thing on it? That canister has an actual filter in it. Most people don't think about the canister filter. If the don't see one they put an inline filter on it. While the inline filter looks good, the canister filter is getting dirtier.
Check this out and also check out all of your ground straps. Make sure to clean all grounding surfaces.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Sometimes a coil will do this before it takes a dump....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts