Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking for thoughts on purchase....:)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I have an idea what some thoughts are already; 114k miles, it's 12/13 years old, etc.

But I'm kinda digging it.....I know it's a little big for the wifey to drive, but I just saw it today and the guy texted me back and said he's asking $13,500 obo......when I look at a truck like this that has been customized a lot, I can have confidence that the owner babied it and didn't beat it up or work it hard, right? So, I'm wondering, I know I need the tax breaks on a more pricey company vehicle, but if he takes $10k for this, I think it could be a good solid rig for me for a good 5+ years or so before any major maintenance (engine or tranny work), maybe even longer based on how I drive it and take care of my vehicles.

Thoughts?

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/4113746854.html

01111_d9c0W9YfESa_600x450.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
when I look at a truck like this that has been customized a lot, I can have confidence that the owner babied it and didn't beat it up or work it hard, right?

Definitely not the first thought that comes into my head when I see a truck customized like that.

Nice harley grill on a Ford

I know I need the tax breaks on a more pricey company vehicle,

I never did understand the tax break thing. You either pay the taxes to the gov or you pay the interest to the bank. Either way your paying.
The interest paid over the years on my home mortgage plus its value, ended up higher then what my house would be worth now.
smiliehijacked Should be in its own thread.:headbang:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm with you all on this. .....good to hear it though thanks. I just like that it's a little custom.

Mark....we usually pay cash for our vehicles or the notes are short term like 12 months so interest is negligible.

A mortgage is quite the opposite and unless you already ITEMIZE. .....getting a mortgage strictly for the tax savings, fiscally makes no sense.

Sent from my not so smart phone.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I tell all of my clients to not buy things just because they are tax deductible. But if you use it anyways and are in need of the equipment it makes sense financially to personally benefit or throw it away and send it to the government.

We are ready to upgrade our daily drivers so it makes sense this year.

Sent from my not so smart phone.

primetime

sawmill slave
A genuine 01 Harley truck would be an extended cab flareside 2wd F-150.

Dieter621

Dieter621
NJ
Reply on Purchase

Very nice looking truck. Around NJ a lot of trucks customized like this are used for towing boats and RV's. My F150 has 119,00 miles with no issues-knock on wood. Good luck with the truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts