Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking for a little help

Hey guys!

I'm from British Columbia Canada and new to the forum, having just finished restoring a 1968 Mercury M250 Camper Special (some pic's are here http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34570).

Little bit of background before I ask my question. I was born with a physical disability that messes with my balance a bit and causes me to use a wheelchair to get around when I'm out and about. Thankfully I am able to get out of my chair and walk around. I'm totally independent and super active, but never got to work on a car with my Father (who is a major car guy and always had wicked cars/trucks. Since he retired last year and I've been doing well with my career, we decided to get something to restore....and the Merc was our end result!

What I’m looking for is the last little piece we haven't been able to find anywhere.....rather than putting my crutches in the box of my truck, I'm looking for a gun rack to mount in the back window to store my crutches on....I figure it would be funny, not to mention fit the era of the truck!!

Anybody have any ideas where I could find one?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah something like that would probably work. From looking around, it seems like I have to decide whether I want to drill holes in the truck in order to mount it (I don't really want to) but that may be my only option.

The ones that clip on need to attach to the rubber of the window, but the rubber on this truck is flush with the glass so if I did that the window wouldn't seal.

Decisions decisions!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts