Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lambo doors

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Doc, the second door looks as good as the first. It looks like it's trying to take off and fly.

Ryan

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I like em. and Brian I found a website to a place in ILL I am gonna call tomorrow.

got any links brian? I will definatly check them out!

No...actually I do not have links. I know at least one major retailer is linked over on hotrodders. That is where most do their research on what they need. Usually they buy them off ebay once they know the specifics.

Ricers use them for all sorts of weird things. What I like them used for are the hard tonneau covers. They just raise up on their own.

I have seen quite a few done that way at shows. They work off a hidden switch in the cab, a key fob, and an emergency release usually. Dead batteries are a royal pain.

Make sure you do some sort of emergency release if you go that route.

Let me see if I can find Keith's monster hood. You guys will love it!

BRB

EDIT: Found it. This is done with 2 linear actuators.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture009kt4.flv

Last edited:
I was just running a couple of searches. They are all over the net for sale. Just about any hotrod or custom car site has them. Google is your friend. LOL

I fibbed earlier. There are quite a few linked on hotrodders. I thought they mostly used just the one place. Wrong!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Thanks Brian, I found a couple myself and come to find out a friend of mines brother works as an electrical engineer and is going to check out hsi distributers as well.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA that link is awesome! neat wheels too!

The linear actuators are expensive if you just order them without shopping around a bit. Sounds like you have an "in" from somone in the business though.

I was just thinking...I wonder if McMaster Carr carries them. You can get just about anything else from them cheaper (if you know the industrial name).

I do not know an electrical engineer. Just an electronics engineer (2 actually).

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
True. It is probably not illegal though (how many real lambos are around?). Heeps run around with no doors all the time.
Well it's not about the fact that he has no doors... It's about the fact that the upright doors are blocking his vision out in front of the truck.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
the cruise was a blocked off section of one of the towns main streets where everyone drove from one end to the other, ignoring the traffic lights and busting a u turn. you were only allowed on the street if you had a sticker showing you'd pd your $10 to waste gas for 3 hrs at 20 mph, 10 mpg, $3.50 a gallon... *i'm smart... i know*

he didn't leave them up when they lined us up to make one last round before everyone left but his dumbass was sitting surrounded on three sides by cars all pretty close *right behind me* trying to do burnouts with one wheel spinning. i flipped him off cuz if his brakes had cut loose he'd'a been in my ass and i'd'a come unglued on his. imagine 5'6" chunky PISSED OFF LOUD MOUTHED YELLING CUSSING REDNECK WOMAN yanking that 4 ft 500 lb mescan outta his fagdoor truck and stomping literally a mudhole in the middle of him... i already had her in park with the brake on waiting for it... does that convey the idiocy of that ford owner pretty well? i wish he'd been driving a chevy :(

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
You know what else would be wicked Doc?

A split tailgate, hinged on both sides like car doors.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Its fixin to get deleted when I do the baja style roll bar.

Ford Truck Articles