Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just bought today

My 2002 Ram 1500 threw a head gasket on me day before yesterday, and after dumping a lot of money into the thing in the past year, trading it off for a new one for the wife and me taking her 2005 F150 made more sense then another over a grand repair. I dont have the best pics as it began storming midway through the deal and it was dark by the time I got home.

d4376f00.jpg

8aaf37ee.jpg

da061ebf.jpg

The driveway now:
84b769ed.jpg

Its a 2012 Super Crew XLT 4x2 with 5.0 liter.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Congrats on the new truck! smilieFordlogo :beer:

now you all are just showin' off dammit...yes I'm jealous

The 5.0 has a low key rumble even with the factory exhaust that just lets you know that it will sound great with a set of duals on it, just like the days of old lol. It has plenty of power compared to the 4.7 liter Chrysler engine it replaced, and the 4.6 liter in the 05 that has become my work truck. I havent pulled anything yet with it, and with 160 miles as it sits, it will be a little while. It does have an electronic diff lock, if anyone can specifically explain that to me I would appreciate it. I assume it is like locking into posi?

Anyway, I am still tripping out the sync system, and all the buttons on the steering wheel. I am only used to the cruise buttons and now there are buttons for everything, even the little tv thingy in the instrument cluster.

Very nice looking truck

Beautiful truck, congratulations on the purchase !!!!! The new clear pictures are a bonus.

Now get a new driveway and make those trucks stand out instead of drawing the eye to the ground.smilietease

Thanks Mike, Ernie, and Mark. My driveway is a mess. We just bought this house last year and the busted side of the driveway is from parking a 1 ton welding rig there night after night for 15 years. We have plans though, just need to get the funds up to execute them. Dealing with the more urgent issues first, electrical etc. Cosmetic will come before long.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts