Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hey, KIWI, friend of yours?

blacksnapon

Staff member

blacksnapon

Staff member
From what I can decipher of the receipt, they did headgaskets because they saw air bubbles in the coolant. May have just needed the egr cooler.

No never heard of them but they are at the other end of the country though.
Never seen one of these in a situation where i've been able to poke around under the bonnet for a look but after having read some of your posts on these engines i'd be pretty wary of messing around with one ...... wee bit beyond my abilities plus no diagnostic gear.

No never heard of them but they are at the other end of the country though.
Never seen one of these in a situation where i've been able to poke around under the bonnet for a look but after having read some of your posts on these engines i'd be pretty wary of messing around with one ...... wee bit beyond my abilities plus no diagnostic gear.

probly doubt you spend 112 hours on anything although???

Yeah thats way over the top Andy ...... i'm not afraid to admit when something is beyond me - when that happens i'll ring around and find out how to fix it or hand the job onto someone else ....... plus i only charge $40.00/hour.
I think the guy just got in over his head and then his ego tripped him up and he got fixated on his original diagnosis.

Certainly not good service or value for money and overcharging like that give's us all a bad rep....... thankfully he's a JAFA and in no way related to us "real" NZ'ers

Yeah your right the thing is Vince even after all that drama and $$$$$ he still didn't have it running properly with no fault codes.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts