Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help with F-8

primetime

sawmill slave
I have a 50 F-8. I`m trying to get info on it. I`ve been searching, but it doesn`t seem like I get much. Could be just me. About the only thing I have learned is that the engine is a 337, and that the 5-speed is more than likely original. My plans are to get it started so I can at least tool around the ranch for some more motivation. The brakes are going to be a major headache I think. The guy I got it from said the guy he got it from put water in the master cylinder because it leaked. Anyways, if anyone knows where I can find out stuff on this truck, that would be great. Thanks.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Joblot Automotive on Long Island, NY for big truck parts if your local truck shop can't supply what you need. Your local NAPA may be able to help with some of the parts.

Your F8 did have a 337 flathead V8. Not much in the way of aftermarket parts, it was also used in Lincoln cars during the same years. The transmission was a 5 spd or optionally a 5 spd with Overdrive.

Don't you just love previous owners? If it were me, I'd remove all the brake components (mc, lines, wheel cyl, etc) and start fresh.

If you're going to work on it you should get a shop manual, owner' manual and even a parts/chassis manual. You can find them on ebay or one of the many parts suppliers on the internet. Sacramento Vintage Ford is one of my favorites.

I have a 48 F6, 50 F4 and a 52 F6 and all need brake work. Seems to be the one thing nobody wanted to mess with. Good luck - let us know how it goes for you.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I The guy I got it from said the guy he got it from put water in the master cylinder because it leaked.

Just when you thought you've heard it all...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts