Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Get bent (hopefully not)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
if i had the money to buy a raptor, i would still go the old truck + 20k route.

No kidding. Pick up a 4k Bronco...throw 5k into a 351W...boom now you have the same power as a Raptor. Now throw about 8k into suspension, and boom you're not worrying about bent frames and you can handle damn near anything you throw at it. Now you still have 8k to spend on making the interior as comfortable as the Raptor and as technologically advanced as the Raptor...and cover the little things that crop up. So you have a vehicle that's more capable and half the price.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Cough...cough...

I've gotta chime in here guys.

I do own both. I have a 2010 Raptor w/ 5.4 all stock and I own a 94 Bronco all decked out in Autofab's finest parts. I love them both and wouldn't trade either of them.

On a fairly smooth graded trail the Raptor would win hands down. With its lower center of gravity and good balance it is just a blast to drive but when the going gets rough the Bronco rules. With an extra 6" of travel and a lot more ground clearance you can keep pushing hard where the Raptor would be grinding it's skid plates accross the trail. I do believe the frame on the Bronco is much stronger as well. I've launched my Bronco thousands of times without issue. Knock on wood. But I wouldn't think of doing it to the Raptor for fear of severe damage.

smiliestirthepot

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Ironically...there are discussions on FSB currently and there was a recent discussion on Pirate about purchasing a Bronco, putting 15-20k into vs. a Raptor in which sticker price is at least double. Given there was a bias in the discussion, but an overwhelming majority voted for the 20k Bronco.

Of course they would, but consider the demographic. I could take a Mustang and throw enough money at it to make it faster than a Ferrari F430. But I'm not seriously in the market for a $400K car, so what does it prove?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Of course they would, but consider the demographic. I could take a Mustang and throw enough money at it to make it faster than a Ferrari F430. But I'm not seriously in the market for a $400K car, so what does it prove?

The point of the discussion was making a more functional vehicle, with alot of, if not comparable creature comforts, for half the price...not spending the same amount...and one that certainly wouldn't have concerns of framing bends for 50k. For any interested, peruse the Broncospeed section of FSB, it's nothing to be able to build a Raptor killer for sub-25k...and still have an extremely comfortable cabin.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts