Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FE Camshafts

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
So, in my ongoing quest to rebuild either my 360 or 390, I've come to another critical crossroads:

Camshafts. I'm just looking for something, if it exists, that can enhance the drivability and truck like characteristics of the truck.

Not neccesarily looking for recomendations for cams; I'd rather just have some places to read up on it, then decide for myself.

But for starters, does anybody know the specs on the stock cam for a 2v 360/390?

Thanks

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Dont know specs on it but take a look at either crane cams or comp cams Ive had both and they are good Im currently runnin a 260H truck pullin cam in the mule and a 268 in the 85. Cant remember which truck has which brand but its one of those two.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The guy you want to talk about camshafts is hollenjoe. I got him signed up here, but he's only made a couple posts. Send him a PM and he'll straighten you out. He's the guy I go to for all my cam specs or engine numbers or engine build questions.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Thanks ben - I'll shoot hollenjoe a pm. And for everyone else, I'm just looking to make the thing better for street friving, if this is possible. If not, I'm not opposed to keeping the stock cam.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Sure for street drivin a 268 would be perfect its a mild rv cam and will give ya a boost in tourqe and is a good light towin cam. Its not huge but it does good for street drivin in my 85.

Ford Truck Articles