Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Custom User Titles

Storm

There's one in every bunch Tom.

Can you drive faster then:

186000 miles per second (the speed at which my radio transmits data?)

Or if I slow it down for you,

880 feet per second (the speed at which my Federal Hydro-Shock Jacketed Hollow Point .45 round flies through the air.

Now as to the donuts, KK makes some good donuts but I still prefer the local bakery with their homemade recipies.

and NO ONE outruns the Charger...

436_en_p_charger_2.jpg

No but I saw one of them fancy charges roll end over end after the stupid cop attempted to take an offramp during a chase.. I was nice enough to stop and help.. While at the time telling him he was a stupid idiot for attempting to catch the offramp at that angle and speed..

As for your Hydro.. I'm not in LE but I have more then enough ballistic training from being Infantry in Iraq and serving some time with Marine Force Recon in Fallujah.. If your velocity of your Hydro is 880ft/s, I'm going to guess your using 230 grain rounds? Why not the 165 grain with 1060ft/s?

maybe so, hehe... but everyone knows they don't HAVE high-speed pursuits in CA anymore... They have "Highway Interventions" where ya'll follow a guy for half a day with 20 patrol cars and a helicopter!

Haha... CHIPS! LMAO

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hey Stormy, I think we need a rewrite! How about something more like the following:

Hey, hey, Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with yith your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can

Hey, hey, Mr. Policeman
I got a '06 Ford Super Duty

With a 6 oh Diesel up under the hood
I got it running good
Wake up behind them old Ray Bans
Catch me if you can

Go on turn on your blue lights
You know you want to I just flew by
I can see you peeling out
How's my smoke taste in your mouth
Come on Smokey it's time to race
Let's have us a high-speed chase

Hey, hey, Mr. Policeman
Chopper in the air
And a couple of SWAT vans
That's no fair now, blocking the road
Time to use my backup plan

And go offroad
Catch me if you can

Hey, hey, Mr. Policeman
I bet I can run faster than you can
With your silly little Dodge
A hundred bucks says you won't shoot
I know these roads like the back of my hand
Catch me if you can

Go turn on your spotlight
I got a full tank a #2

And I got all night
There's no way you're keeping up with me
So go on back to Krispy Kreme
If you wanna quit, I understand
Catch me if you can

Hey, hey, Mr. Policeman
Hey, hey, Mr. Policeman

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
TODD! You should know better then to go joyriding with your youngins.. You devil you LMAO! Whew.. I bet that cab smelled funny.. Least your ok!
I wasn't joy riding, I was picking him up from Pre-School. :)

Pilot eh? I'm fixing to start learning.. Just don't know if I want Fix Wing or Heli :-D I want my license so damn bad.. Bout $5,000 to get trained to take the FAA exams.. Not bad if you ask me.. Thats at my pace.. Considering I work so damn much and go to school.. Would give me every saturday to fly..
If you can afford it and there's a place close enough, go for the rotary license!! I wish I had, but it's WAY more expensive than the fixed wing. Mine when I finally got the Private was about $3700 total. That was in 1989. I had since started training for my instrument, but working 200 miles away on the weekends and all summer just got to be too much so I gave it up. Had about 21 hours of instrument time. 2 hours of which were in a level 3 thunderstorm where I learned why they say you train for IFR to stay AWAY from them. ROFLMAO

Storm

I wasn't joy riding, I was picking him up from Pre-School. :)

If you can afford it and there's a place close enough, go for the rotary license!! I wish I had, but it's WAY more expensive than the fixed wing. Mine when I finally got the Private was about $3700 total. That was in 1989. I had since started training for my instrument, but working 200 miles away on the weekends and all summer just got to be too much so I gave it up. Had about 21 hours of instrument time. 2 hours of which were in a level 3 thunderstorm where I learned why they say you train for IFR to stay AWAY from them. ROFLMAO

LMAO!

Yeah I'm thinking rotary.. I believe it would be a lot of fun.. I know how to fly fixed wing.. Buddy had a plane and he use to let me fly without a license.. Course he was with me but I did all the handling.. Fixed is easy as hell to fly.. Rotary is the tricky part! I wanted to fly choppers in the Army but I was too big for it.. More built for infantry as they said.. So never got the chance.. I wanted either the Apache Gunship or the Blackhawk Medevac.. The airport is bout 1/2 mile away, my house sits right on the final approach vector.. So driving up for lessons wouldn't be a problem at all! They got some nice Bell choppers out there, executive types with the landing gears.. Kinda looks like the old Airwolf Chopper minus the guns and super sonic boosters LMAO

I never forget the blackhawk experience.. We got hit hard, couple guys were severly injured.. We called for a 9-line medevac.. I was providing cover fire when I heard this whooshing.. Knew it was a hawk coming in but couldn't see the damn thing.. Next thing I know 20 yards from me I hear this BOOM.. That son of gun came in blackout with NVGs and smacked the ground hard.. It was so freakin cool.. I wanted to do that.. Then of course all the times we called for Apache support and them dudes would come in.. Next thing you know the sky is lit up like the 4th of july and you didnt even see em.. Those were the days :-D

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
No but I saw one of them fancy charges roll end over end after the stupid cop attempted to take an offramp during a chase.. I was nice enough to stop and help.. While at the time telling him he was a stupid idiot for attempting to catch the offramp at that angle and speed..
Never drive over your ability. The chargers are nice pursuit cars but they handle so well that a lot of cops get into trouble thinking the laws of physics don't apply to them anymore. That is the reason some depts are going with the sissy 6cyl instead of the Hemi. Lame in my opinion but they must have had a bean counter weanie somewhere tell them it was better from a liability standpoint is all I can think

Storm said:
As for your Hydro.. I'm not in LE but I have more then enough ballistic training from being Infantry in Iraq and serving some time with Marine Force Recon in Fallujah.. If your velocity of your Hydro is 880ft/s, I'm going to guess your using 230 grain rounds? Why not the 165 grain with 1060ft/s?

Honestly I am not sure I have enough info to speak intelligently on this matter. We can run whatever ammo we want as long as it is factory ammo and not some garage reload. Our range master swears by ball ammo because he likes the penetration it gives. I've seen my JHP punch through drywall and car doors just fine. If I need to punch through much more then that I'll bring out slug, or hold a position till the big boys with the big toys get there (SWAT)

Storm

Never drive over your ability. The chargers are nice pursuit cars but they handle so well that a lot of cops get into trouble thinking the laws of physics don't apply to them anymore. That is the reason some depts are going with the sissy 6cyl instead of the Hemi. Lame in my opinion but they must have had a bean counter weanie somewhere tell them it was better from a liability standpoint is all I can think

Honestly I am not sure I have enough info to speak intelligently on this matter. We can run whatever ammo we want as long as it is factory ammo and not some garage reload. Our range master swears by ball ammo because he likes the penetration it gives. I've seen my JHP punch through drywall and car doors just fine. If I need to punch through much more then that I'll bring out slug, or hold a position till the big boys with the big toys get there (SWAT)

Ah... Next time you in check your grain, stamped on the bottom of the bullet.. If its 230, I'd try 165 grain.. It's quicker and has higher velocity so more damage.. Then again your in Cali so swat's nearby.. Us country boys have to take matters into our own hands LOL

Yeah Charger is nice no doubt.. They just cant drive em here.. But I'll tell you this much.. We are smart! Our chargers down here are jet black with hideway strobes.. You can't even tell its a cop until everything is turned on.. Very very clever :-D

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
maybe so, hehe... but everyone knows they don't HAVE high-speed pursuits in CA anymore... They have "Highway Interventions" where ya'll follow a guy for half a day with 20 patrol cars and a helicopter!
I saw a lot of those high speed chases in L.A. It was insane. I also know people that were caught trying to elude the police. I even once saw three cops 'playing' around in their patrol cars and they caused a wreck. Some poor guy driving along minding his own business was plowed by one of those cops 'playing' around. I'll stop now even though I have hundreds of cop stories and have dated some policeman's sons. Hah.
The worst thing I ever witnessed though was a police helicopter and a private airplane collide in the air over a police station. I was just a kid but I can still see the accident. :(

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Here's a video of a chase I found. I just can't believe cops would do this kind of thing, but I guess it happens.

http://littleshopofhers.com/Personal_Todd/Ford_Police_Chase.wmv

BTW- Storm, I use 230 gr in my .45. I prefer it's stopping power. Around here, most of the baddies are doped up.

Also, for when it doesn't work, see the post a pic thread for my "other" line of defense. :D It penetrated 4 cylinders of a Ford Straight Six. One of those cylinders had a piston, but it didn't stop it. :) Gotta love 500 grains of power!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I don't know who did it but it was funny!

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

Ford Truck Articles