Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'99 blower motor resistor

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
'99 Explorer XLT, does NOT have the automatic climate control, but does have some basic controls on the back of the center console for rear-seat passengers.

Front-seat fan only works on high. I didn't play with the back-seat fan, and I really don't care if it works or not.

Am I correct in thinking that this is the less-expensive module the parts store has (around $15, not $80), and that it should be a pretty simple and easy repair? And my '09 Ranger (same engine, same HVAC control panel) should be pretty similar, so I can look at my own truck and figure out what I need to do, right?

This rig belongs to my grandmother...and she's not even aware there's anything wrong. I'd like to just "take it for a ride and make sure everything works" and swap this thing out in a parking lot, if I can (trust me, it'll be easier).

blacksnapon

Staff member
Resistor should be under the hood, pass side on the box.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
OK, thanks Vince.

Now to get my hands on the thing for long enough to fix it without anybody noticing...

EDIT: This really shouldn't be too painful- the thing is parked about 500 yards from the ocean.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts