Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

97 F150 Advice

I have a 1997 F150 supercab XLT 4.6L V8 engine. All stock other than the missing muffler. Granted I am in the process of getting a new one. Not very much rust and body is in pretty decent condition. So I have gotten $500 between my birthday and christmas. Right now I believe the only thing it needs is the front bushings to be replaced. I was wondering what is the best way to spend my $500 on my truck.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If you're not looking to make your truck a race truck, just buy some cosmetic things that freshen it up a bit.

Ryan

I spent $90 on a L.E.D third brake light from lmc trucks and I would do it again it gave the back glass a nice smooth look and it really lights up the bed if the truck. I got the smoked colored one. If you looking at performance a programmer and custom tunes would spend most of the 500. For looks you can get billet grilles, new headlights, windows tinted, vent shades, tail lights. If your into audio you could get a nice stereo with a small sub and amp if you haven't already. There are a few ways to spend $500 if you shop around eBay for some things it helps I paid $30 for my vent shades. They are about $100 from local places and were the same quality.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts