Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2006 explorer...help needed

I got a 4.0 v6 ford explorer xlt. Recently its been running rough and unable to stay running after couple minutes. Been getting p0642, p0452, and p0191
We have already replaced plugs wires fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail egr and vent valve near rear axle. Now if I unplug the battery for 5-10 min. The plug back on it runs good for couple miles till systems fully check then back to running rough. Any help is appreciated

blacksnapon

Staff member
I got a 4.0 v6 ford explorer xlt. Recently its been running rough and unable to stay running after couple minutes. Been getting p0642, p0452, and p0191
We have already replaced plugs wires fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail egr and vent valve near rear axle. Now if I unplug the battery for 5-10 min. The plug back on it runs good for couple miles till systems fully check then back to running rough. Any help is appreciated
In the 06 manuals, there is no p0642, 452 and 191 deals with evap and fuel tank pressure. Much more diagnostics are necessary.

What is happening is the 642 is a 5 volt reference low. When the explorer is reset it will run good till ev monitor does its check which im assuming is the emissions/ evaporative system. When that does its test it runs bad and wont stay running.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts