Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

02 F250 Just dies

I have an 02 F250 Superduty 4x4 that I drive every day and it ran great. Recently it was parked for a week and when i went to start it it was dead. Since it sits outside i figured the battery was dead so i charged it and still would not start. I also tried jump starting it and no luck. So as i was sitting inside all the sudden it starts to chime as the door was open. I turned the key forward and it started and then died .. after repeating the process a few times it stayed running and would idle. I moved it out on the street and plowed some snow and the truck was running. When i was done the truck was not running. Fired it up and drove down to the stop sign and it died. After starting and dieing 4 times I made it around the block and reparked it . SO i took out the 2 month old battery and exchanged it and it did not start. Key was left forward for a few minutes and it started and then died again. I did also notice that the gauages rise and then fall when the key is turned forward. I just dont get it ... before i parked it for a few days it ran and drove great just like it always has ... any ideas.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have an 02 F250 Superduty 4x4 that I drive every day and it ran great. Recently it was parked for a week and when i went to start it it was dead. Since it sits outside i figured the battery was dead so i charged it and still would not start. I also tried jump starting it and no luck. So as i was sitting inside all the sudden it starts to chime as the door was open. I turned the key forward and it started and then died .. after repeating the process a few times it stayed running and would idle. I moved it out on the street and plowed some snow and the truck was running. When i was done the truck was not running. Fired it up and drove down to the stop sign and it died. After starting and dieing 4 times I made it around the block and reparked it . SO i took out the 2 month old battery and exchanged it and it did not start. Key was left forward for a few minutes and it started and then died again. I did also notice that the gauages rise and then fall when the key is turned forward. I just dont get it ... before i parked it for a few days it ran and drove great just like it always has ... any ideas.
rule #1......when something strange is happening, bad ground, loose connection, low voltage.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts