Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Code 332 - Insufficient EGR flow detected

hey everyone,

my check engine light has been coming on lately so i decided to pull some codes tonight. I got code 332 - Insufficient EGR flow detected. what should i do about this? should i even bother worrying about it? it seems to be running better lately too. wouldnt less EGR flow give me more power at part throttle? i dont care if the check engine light keeps coming on. what should i do? thanks.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hmmm... That doesn't look like a factory part... The stock part looks EXACTLY like the picture I showed you up above. Made of metal, non-painted. Go pop your hood and take a look. It'll be to the passenger side of your intake tubes on the throttle body.

d5c7081b.jpg

See mine?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
thats gay your dont have the coolant running through the TB...with the expansion plugs or freeze plugs so small you cant get them anywhere...not even ford..

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
Youve got to be kidding me you dont know what a expansion plug or a freeze plug is? Wait it never get cold enough there for you to find out...

let me find a pic of the the under hood my truck
101_0014.jpg

look at the left side of the throttle boddy, See the hoses that dont go anywhere. Then look at the heater hose, see the little split off hose that goes up under the tubes going to the air filter?

Well i had to by pass the throttle body because the bottom expansion plug got a hole ine it...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey Dan I just went out to look at mine and realized it DOESN'T have a Ford stamp. Thought it did, guess I'm a liar. So maybe the black one is the stock part! LOL! Either way, I'm sure it'll work just fine.

And thanks to you Dan, after posting that pic I realized I had a spare minute to clean my filthy engine. Just sprayed the whole thing down with Simple Green MAX and hosed it off :) Blew it dry with the efan :D Pics to come once it's dry. To be honest, it doesn't look a whole lot different from before, lol.

Ford Truck Articles