Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The new ride

primetime

sawmill slave
1441.JPG
Finishing up the swap.
A couple of months ago I bought this to replace my wore out F-150. Paid $700 with no engine. It`s a 250 with a 351, c-6, 4.10s and 94000 miles. I`m $1400 into it so far.
I added Winstar fans, 130 amp 3g, and shorty headers.
1511.JPG
These caused a lot of headaches. Fourteen bolts broke off.
1461.JPG
Really? Gonna have to build brackets to put these where they belong.
250.JPG
And here it is in the driveway. Took off the topper, added the bug shield, and a diamond plate tool box.
I still have to put the plow on, and my rear bumper. I also have a visor getting painted as this is written.

primetime

sawmill slave
Yeah, it`s dirty. It`s been raining pretty regular around here, and I live on a gravel road. When I get the visor on I`ll give it a bath and post a pic.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice truck...that is my favorite body style

what's the "20" that topper?

that should say "on", lol, oh, and 20 means location if ya ain't familiar...

primetime

sawmill slave
h that should say "on", lol, oh, and 20 means location if ya ain't familiar...
My driveway on some saw horses. In northern Michigan. Probably a little farther than you want to travel Clutch.:wavey:
Nice truck...that is my favorite body style
Actually prefer the 87s myself (my first truck was an 87 my grandad bought new), But I have always thought these were good looking trucks. This is my second 92 -97 and it`s kinda nice to be back in one.
Thanks for the nice comments. I`ll try to get some more photos up now that I know how.

UP north or just Northern MI? I'm a troll myself, lol, so ya neva' know, I might git back there one of these days... my old toppers gettin' a lil' rough.

looks like ya got a good plow rig, and probably a little easier to see with the topper off.

primetime

sawmill slave
UP north or just Northern MI? I'm a troll myself, lol,
I`m a troll too, 45 minutes SE of the bridge, 20 miles west of Rogers City.
Anyways, the junkyard engine ended up having a mild rattle. I was going to rebuild before I started driving it, but circumstances required it went into service now. Going to get another roller cam 5.8 and put it together, already started gathering parts.
SANY0285.JPG

Heads I picked up for engine.
SANY0286.JPG
Bumper that`s going on it.

yah, Michigans hard on vehicles! was gonna google Onaway, I spent a lot of time on the Manistee N.F., growin' up. not sure I'll be gettin' back there anytime soon...
Good luck to ya, hope that rig works good for ya!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Congrats! I really like the color. Nice truck smilieFordlogo

primetime

sawmill slave
SANY0294.JPG

SANY0295.JPG

SANY0296.JPG

Well I got my visor back Friday afternoon. Put it on that night.
Plow was put on last weekend. Painted it this week, now I just have to get new lights and hook everything up.
I even gave it a bath.smilieFordlogo

primetime

sawmill slave
Thanks! This is the first DD I`ve had that already had clearance lights. And an easy winter wouldn`t break my heart. Not a big fan of snow and cold, but I like playing with my plow trucks. Go figure.:)

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Once again, great looking truck, Sir. I really like that cab visor!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts