Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Who wanted to see my chrome visor?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I forget who asked to see an aerial view of my chrome visor. I finally got a pick from my second floor while it was out of the garage. My window was dirty, so it's not as clear, but it's better than nothing, eh?

IMGP5689.JPG

IMGP5689cropped.jpg

Ken, does your truck have the textured roof on it?

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
i wasnt the one who asked but it looks really good! I always wanted to do a black diamond plate visor with cab lights to match the bumper on my ford...but the bumper never made it on so the visor idea died

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, does your truck have the textured roof on it?

Nope, but I just found out that there was an option in 77 for that very thing. A plastic black texture. Pretty wild huh? The picture I saw in an original brochure looked wild. I wonder how many actually took that option back then. My roof is custom vinyl and the only one I've ever seen on a dent. I love it.

I didn't ask but thanks for sharing. Awesome truck. YelloThumbUp

Thanks,

i wasnt the one who asked but it looks really good! I always wanted to do a black diamond plate visor with cab lights to match the bumper on my ford...but the bumper never made it on so the visor idea died

Thanks, people wanted to see how it looked and couldn't bring themselves to drilling the cab of their dents. I think it matches the look of the truck as opposed to a matching color fiberglass one that EVERYONE has. Gives it a different look as well as matching the chrome around the truck and bringing out the vinyl a tad.

Ben knows who was asking.....Help me out Ben.....I think it was Duncan.....both were a part of that conversation a few months back.

I have a factory textured roof on my dent. Think i will keep it just for the rarity of it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I have a factory textured roof on my dent. Think i will keep it just for the rarity of it.

I just saw that in an original 77 brochure as an option. That is extremely rare. Was it painted texture or a plastic roof? Do you have pictures you could share with us?

Thanks,

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts