Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2006 Ford Escape

Can anyone tell me what type of transmission is in a 2006 Ford Escape XLT (3.0 V6 4WD - NOT HYBRID)? I'm about to buy one from a dealership and my mechanic suggested I get the transmission fluid flushed and filled but the dealership is telling me that the type of transmission in that model Escape doesn't need it until 100k. It's currently at 53k. The salesman can't give me an honest answer as to what type of transmission it has (CD4E - I thought was just for FWD, CVT - I thought was in the hybrids, does this mean it's a t-shift?). Depending on type, would a flush be a reasonable request as I know the t-shift suggests a flush/fill at 60k. Thank you for any help on this.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Can anyone tell me what type of transmission is in a 2006 Ford Escape XLT (3.0 V6 4WD - NOT HYBRID)? I'm about to buy one from a dealership and my mechanic suggested I get the transmission fluid flushed and filled but the dealership is telling me that the type of transmission in that model Escape doesn't need it until 100k. It's currently at 53k. The salesman can't give me an honest answer as to what type of transmission it has (CD4E - I thought was just for FWD, CVT - I thought was in the hybrids, does this mean it's a t-shift?). Depending on type, would a flush be a reasonable request as I know the t-shift suggests a flush/fill at 60k. Thank you for any help on this.
you've got 2 choices, cd4e or the ecvt trans. Post your vin and we'll run oasis and definately give you an answer.

you've got 2 choices, cd4e or the ecvt trans. Post your vin and we'll run oasis and definitely give you an answer.

Hey blacksnapon, that'd be great. The vin on the truck is 1FMYU93156KA24707. Thanks for the help!

blacksnapon

Staff member
OASIS RESULT:
1FMYU93156KA24707
USA
EN
06/02/2009
11:39:35
FCXWS447

VEHICLE INFORMATION
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
2006 ESCAPE BODY STYLE
4 DR XLT MPV 4X4 ENGINE
3.0L DURATEC-VE(VE6)
TRANSMISSION
CD4E AUTO TRANSAXLE AXLE CODE
96 ENGINE CALIBRATION
5M11B30A
WARNING MESSAGES
VERIFY STATE REGISTRATION, VIN MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS WTY
ARN MESSAGES
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
WARRANTY START DATE
10/08/2005 BUILD DATE
06/10/2005 SALE MILEAGE
OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUND
EXTENDED COVERAGES
NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE
WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY
NO RECENT REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE
Click Here for Full Warranty History
| On-line 1878
END OF OASIS REPORT FOR 1FMYU93156KA24707

blacksnapon this is great! One other question then, would the recommended transmission service on this particular model be suggested at 60k or 100k? Also, do you have any input on this type of tranny? I've read reviews that have had some bad horror stories. Just wondering what your take on the CD4E is. Thanks again for all your help! YelloThumbUp

Last edited:

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
i went through the online service guide and not even at 100k is a trans service suggested. it is your truck and if you want it done, then get it done. me personally, i like the 30k service interval myself.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I would recomend flushing the cd4e every 30k, as some of them do have problems, back when they first came out they had alot of converter shudder, then the newer ones were cracking drums inside the trans and would loose a couple gears. . If it's made it to 60k it's probably one of the good ones.

Thank you to everyone for all your help. One other question, is there any particular type of transmission fluid that I should change that particular transmission with? And does anyone know a ballpark of what the transmission service would cost? Thanks again!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thank you to everyone for all your help. One other question, is there any particular type of transmission fluid that I should change that particular transmission with? And does anyone know a ballpark of what the transmission service would cost? Thanks again!
I believe its Mercon 5. Cost for service would be decided by the garage.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts