Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A little 8" gpack sound for you guys

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...as promised a while back...here's a little sound clip of what 8" Cherry Bomb glass packs sound like. Yes I know my idle is a little high. Also, don't mind the smoke coming outta the pipes...it was a rare factory option. Enjoy:

PS...you catch a glimpse of the BFG M/T's I scored last week, they have 400 miles on them at this point in time.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Alright...as promised a while back...here's a little sound clip of what 8" Cherry Bomb glass packs sound like. Yes I know my idle is a little high. Also, don't mind the smoke coming outta the pipes...it was a rare factory option. Enjoy:

PS...you catch a glimpse of the BFG M/T's I scored last week, they have 400 miles on them at this point in time.

Ben they need to be louder LOL

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Cool Ben! What do you use for your video? My cell phone has video, but no sound (I think there is no sound) I have wanted to post the sound of my dual 44" Glass Packs also. I have a video of my old 74 F350 SC driving through a creek from years ago on VHS that I would LOVE to post, but need to get it transferred to digital or DVD.
Dak

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Cool Ben! What do you use for your video? My cell phone has video, but no sound (I think there is no sound) I have wanted to post the sound of my dual 44" Glass Packs also. I have a video of my old 74 F350 SC driving through a creek from years ago on VHS that I would LOVE to post, but need to get it transferred to digital or DVD.
Dak

some digital cameras has a video feature with sound. I have a Kodak camera I got from Wal Mart that has it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben they need to be louder LOL

HAHA...I wish, I don't think they get any louder, legally that is. Luckily there was only one car (without an alarm) near by when I did that, or woulda heard a ton of car alarms going off. I always enjoy blowing off steam by driving by the rich frat and sorority houses at WOT and setting off all their car alarms. Then shut down at the end of the road and watch everyone come out wondering what's going on.

Dak

Well I don't have a camcorder...so that video was taken with my Sony CyberShot digital camera. As for transferring your VHS...get a cheap VHS/DVD player, put the video and a DVD in and hit record on the DVD player. I bought a cheap ($75) Gold Star unit from Wal-Mart for just that purpose.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That sounds rally good Ben I knew I shoulda got those glass packs for the 72. Oh well guess Ill have to wait till these blow out.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I tried talking you into going no longer than 18"...but oh well, at least your neighbors won't hate you.

sounds good, i really need to get a better cam that will pick up my sounds and not distort it, i have 12" glasspacks on mine

Yeah...I was really surprised my camera sounded so good so close. I thought for sure it woulda sounded really crappy...the only other vids I've taken with it were at a Skynyrd concert 20 rows back.

Sounds awful [confused]

Haha just kidding, I love it! :cooldude:

Thanks man...as I've said before...glass packs for the win.

Which reminds me...I'm still waiting to hear from Tex...and see if he still doesn't like the sound.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I forgot to tell the guy at the exhaust place to make it loud when we took it in there. Oh well Ill get em next go around or maybe have em installed later on with new tail pipes.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I forgot to tell the guy at the exhaust place to make it loud when we took it in there. Oh well Ill get em next go around or maybe have em installed later on with new tail pipes.

Oh well, no biggie...it's not like gpacks are expensive anyway, so even if they aren't worn out but you want a different sound, you won't be breaking the bank.

Sounds good Ben! Setting off Mommy & Daddy funded status symbol cars with exhaust is fun!

Ryan

Thanks man...setting of car alarms has been a long time hobby of mine. Although it sucks sometimes when you're going through really ritzy places and they have parking lot security...and if they catch you...it's typically a noise violation.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Sounds good Ben. I've got glasspacks on mine but longer. Kinda wish I had gone with straights now. Maybe later on I'll go get some peices cut to replace them. I can remember when I was younger the guys would go and get duals with glasspacks,take the vehicle out on a high speed run to get them good and hot then run a water hose up in them while still hot to shatter the glass. Basically aging them quickly.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Chuck...I've heard of guys breaking the glass up before, but never have done it myself...never saw a need to. Although in my areas, it never seems like the cops care much about the noise. Although there was one time in Cullowhee, NC (podunk town)...a new cop on the force pulled me just as I was parking AND called for back up because I was getting out...cuz I parked. The old timer got there, laughed...said to let me go and said I had a nice truck.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
They go in streaks around here. They will ticket everything louder than a blender for a few months and scare everybody. Then slowly people will start back getting louder and louder and we'll get by for a couple of years then they start ticketing again. A couple of years ago they even started ticketing Harleys for awhile. That was a first as far as I can remember.

dakonthemountain

When I drive Burt up the street to the "city house" I set at least 4 alarms off just rumbling along at 25mph. The first time it happened it scared me! Now I know exactly where it will happen and kinda look forward to it. Its' funny, but in California you really don't have much enforcement (at least in the areas I frequent, Los Angeles, and the mountains of the Inland Empire) on sound from vehicles. Smoke is a different issue though.. Oh, and my digital camera is 5-6 years old and has no sound, though it does take short videos. Guess its' time to upgrade!
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Smoke is a different issue though.

Yeah I was a little worried about the smoke the Bronco made...but now that I have a smoking vehicle, I seem to notice every other vehicle on the road that smokes...and after seeing some of them, I decided I have nothing to worry about. But that'll be fixed soon enough (even though I've been saying that for 4 months...haha). Both sides smoke on start up...so that tells me valve seals need replacement...but then after it's warmed up, it's apparent that the left side is definitely the smoker...assuming that's a ring on the first cylinder.

Oh, and my digital camera is 5-6 years old and has no sound, though it does take short videos. Guess its' time to upgrade!
Dak

I got mine in part of a Bowl game gift package...but I priced it out and it looks like it's right around $150. Nothing too fancy, Sony CyberShot, 7.2 MP, 6x zoom, lighting adjustment...I figured it fits exactly what I need it for...and if I didn't have it, it would probably be something I bought.

dakonthemountain

Gee Ben, Are you as addicted as I am to this site? ..... :redface:

My camara is only a 4.3!!!! Real old school and I paid $600 for it when I bought it!!!

My addiction is making me tired. Time for a martini, dinner and bed. :suspicious:
Ciao!
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gee Ben, Are you as addicted as I am to this site? ..... :redface:

My camara is only a 4.3!!!! Real old school and I paid $600 for it when I bought it!!!

My addiction is making me tired. Time for a martini, dinner and bed. :suspicious:
Ciao!
Dak

Yes I am extremely addicted to this site...FTF is my crack, especially at night...and even more so when I'm procrastinating and not studying for an accounting or real estate finance exam. Geez that is an old school camera...mom still has one that used a 3.5" disk, and the pics were directly imprinted on that...no memory stick or usb cables...it was given to her, so I dunno how old it really is or how much it cost new.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts