Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dennis, your part number help is needed

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Dennis or Bill, I need some help with another part number. This one shouldn't be as hard...

I just figured out that the Ranger Lariat nameplates on the 80-81 F-Series radio bezels can be removed from the bezel. Since DC carries the XL and XLT name plates, I was wondering if maybe a Ford dealer or Green Sales has some Ranger Lariat name plates. But I can't search the Green Sales site without a part number. Could one of you guys possibly get me a part number for the nameplate or the entire bezel itself?

Here's a refresher pic of the name plate in question... I need a part number for the name plate, or the bezel. I greatly appreciate any info you guys can get for me.

wmdsc01400.jpg

E0tz-100460-b

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
E0tz-100460-b [confused]
E0TZ1004460B .. Instrument Panel Nameplate-Ranger Lariat / Obsolete

Fits: 1980/81 F100/350 / This part has been obsolete sooo long, the MSRP and dealer net prices are no longer listed on Ford's website.

High Buck! BOB ALLEN FORD in Overland Park KS has FIVE = 800-676-0675.

PARTS INTERNATIONAL in Farmers Branch TX has SEVEN = 888-727-0418.

No other Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I found these listed under EOTZ1004460B. E0TZ is correct, but it all depends on how the number was listed on the Ford Dealer Parts locator system and obsolete parts vendors websites.

So...when the second digit of the prefix is a ZERO, also type it like an O, cuz you may not get any results using the correct ZERO...and vice versa.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Well, I looked at Parts International and the site shows they don't have anything with that part number. I'm getting ready to call them up anyway and see what they say.

I called up Bob Allen, and the salesman said they didn't have any, but it was showing up as the nameplate, so he knew what I was looking for. He said he would gladly call around to some other dealerships and try to find someone that still has one and get me a price.

We'll see if he keeps his word.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Okay, just got off the phone with Parts International, and the salesman said he does have them, the seven that Bill mentioned. Price was to the tune of $74 just for the nameplate.

Not necessarily wanting to pay that, but we'll see.

Bill, I am extremely grateful to you for that info!!!

I'm gonna give them both a call here in a minute...

Dennis, thanks for the attempt!

Mine was merely a typo as I checked it again in my google search window.

The fact that these people are Using O instead of an 0 is the real problem.

Yes ND is the Number guy.

I am still taking Ford Numbers 100 ;)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Mine was merely a typo as I checked it again in my google search window.

The fact that these people are Using O instead of an 0 is the real problem.

Yes ND is the Number guy.

I am still taking Ford Numbers 100 ;)

I noticed after I took a second look that your post was a typo. Thanks to you too!

Something else I noticed, is that the part number for the 82-86 XLT nameplate that DC lists is the same except for the second digit, which is a 2.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Something else I noticed, is that the part number for the 82-86 XLT nameplate that DC lists is the same except for the second digit, which is a 2.
1982/86 F100/350 & 1982/85 Bronco.

E2TZ1004460A = XL

E2TZ1994460B = XLT

E2TZ1004460C = XLS
------------------------------
As of 9/22/2010, Bob Allen Ford shows 5 of the E0TZ1004460B Ranger Lariat emblems.

These fit 1980/81 F100/350 & Bronco only.

No one ever read part numbers off with a 2nd digit of zero in the prefix as such.

This was how the prefix was read off: F OH TEE ZEE / E OH TEE ZEE / D OH TEE ZEE / C OH TEE ZEE

Last edited:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
------------------------------
As of 9/22/2010, Bob Allen Ford shows 5 of the E0TZ1004460B Ranger Lariat emblems.

These fit 1980/81 F100/350 & Bronco only.

No one ever read part numbers off with a 2nd digit of zero in the prefix as such.

This was how the prefix was read off: F OH TEE ZEE / E OH TEE ZEE / D OH TEE ZEE / C OH TEE ZEE

I have no idea why they didn't show up for him. [confused]

FT80,

One has to type in an O (OH) instead of a 0 ZERO to get the read out.

I expect better than that from Ford parts houses

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
FT80,

One has to type in an O (OH) instead of a 0 ZERO to get the read out.

I expect better than that from Ford parts houses
Uh huh...It's been this way since grandma was a girl.

At one time, it didn't matter what was typed in...today it's a different story.

But, reading the numbers...everyone that I knew of read the 2nd digit of the prefix of zero or O as oh.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
What would you then do for part numbers for 1950/1960/1970/1980/1990 vehicles?

In 2000, Ford changed their part number prefixes, so there is no such thing as G0, GO or G anything

What would you then do for part numbers for 1950/1960/1970/1980/1990 vehicles?

In 2000, Ford changed their part number prefixes, so there is no such thing as G0, GO or G anything

You could designate X or * as 0.

Last edited:
ORRRRRR

You could just train people about the difference and hit them over the head with a cast iron frying pan when they screw up.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts