Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-Fan conversion

KdPate

After Hours Garage
My taurus fan used to kill my radio when I switched it on high. It was ridiculous. And it didn't cover nearly as much of my radiator. Look:

Taurus:

DSC01614Medium.jpg

T-bird:

DSC01842.jpg

I have mine running on low speed only and it cools the engine pretty good. I have also looked at using a dual fan setup from the Chrysler LH sedans (Dodge Intrepid, Chysler 300/ Concorde) with some creativity. Not for sure what the amp draw is when both fans would be running tough.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Its actually from a tbird. .

Looks almost like the 06 up Mustang fan . They have large boxed fan like yours . I been eyeing one on Craiglist

Bump...

Hey Skan what'd ya make the mounting brackets out of?? I just got a t-bird fan...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Rick actually made them for me-- I don't know much about fabrication. They're just little angle irons. The bottom brackets don't bolt to the actual rad-- they look similar to the top ones except without a hole in them, and they just set into a channel at the bottom of the radiator.

Ford Truck Articles