Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Addition of Block Heater Cord For Cetain 2005 - 2007 Motors

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Here are images of adding the block heater cord to a 2005 - 2007 6.0L motor.

Remember that the heating element is already there and built as part of the motor, but that Ford did not install the cord on 2005 - 2007 motors unless it was built for a certain cold weather state of sale. The power cord is strapped and can be found tied up behind the passanger tow hook if it was factory installed.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Block Heater - 1.jpg
  • Block Heater - 2.jpg
  • Block Heater - 3.jpg

blacksnapon

Staff member
Here are images of adding the block heater cord to a 2005 - 2007 6.0L motor.

Remember that the heating element is already there and built as part of the motor, but that Ford did not install the cord on 2005 - 2007 motors unless it was built for a certain cold weather state of sale. The power cord is strapped and can be found tied up behind the passanger tow hook if it was factory installed.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Beach, The more people see this type of information, the less times I have to answer the same (8-10 times daily)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Thank you Beach, The more people see this type of information, the less times I have to answer the same (8-10 times daily)

Your welcome... I am here to make your life easier... no other reason... just to make your life easier.... well OK, I find this site exciting... so maybe that is my first reason... so you are my #2 reason.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
1686485C91 is the part number for the cord I got a few months back from IH. It was a little more expensive than what others have reported paying. However it comes with a 90 degree boot instead of a straight boot like everyone else had been getting, it is also about 2' longer. The 90 boot, and the aded lenght make it a very clean install, and also make Jeffs marinco mod a snap without lengthening the cord to get it to the drivers side valance.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
1686485C91 is the part number for the cord I got a few months back from IH. It was a little more expensive than what others have reported paying. However it comes with a 90 degree boot instead of a straight boot like everyone else had been getting, it is also about 2' longer. The 90 boot, and the aded lenght make it a very clean install, and also make Jeffs marinco mod a snap without lengthening the cord to get it to the drivers side valance.

The Marinco plug inistall for the block heater cord will be posted shortly. I am on the road and will post a few pics upon my return. Can not wait until gallery's are allowed here at FTF.

Some of my digital shots exceed the allowed to post into threads.

Stay tuned.... more to come.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts