Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lambo doors

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
LOL that's funny!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
OK here is one side done! still have to fit the fender back on but you get the idea!!!

CIMG0025.jpg

CIMG0024.jpg

CIMG0027.jpg

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
What does your wife think of these doors?

I think it is an interesting idea. ESPECIALLY if you are doing it to help a buddy get his name out there by using your truck as a guinnea pig so to speak. Gets the seal of approval in my book. People helping people.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks pretty click Doc.

I think it's safe to say that Doc is pretty excited about this mod. He called me during class just to tell me he got one side done :rofl2: Gotta love him.

Hey Doc I can see you're putting the off-road wagon to good use :rofl:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
What does your wife think of these doors?

I think it is an interesting idea. ESPECIALLY if you are doing it to help a buddy get his name out there by using your truck as a guinnea pig so to speak. Gets the seal of approval in my book. People helping people.

Well she helped put them on tonight! LOL well she put a bolt in for me anyway! man she is a good woman!

Just looking for the WOW factor! and yeah my buddy is trying to get going into the custom aspect of it too!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Looks pretty click Doc.

I think it's safe to say that Doc is pretty excited about this mod. He called me during class just to tell me he got one side done :rofl2: Gotta love him.

Hey Doc I can see you're putting the off-road wagon to good use :rofl:

I'll tell you what it held that door really well! didn't even squat that much!

It is different. How hard are they to open and close?

I will reserve judgement for a few months of real world use.

I have heard (on a body working forum) that the body shops will not do this modification. They cannot warranty their work because of the issues with the weak hinges that get out of allignment or warp.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Once I weld them in I think they will be fine. there is a grease fitting on them to make sure they open and close easily. I can open the door like normal and then lift with 2 fingers, and to close is as easy as giving the door a little tug and the close her! Its gonna be a little more inconvienent to get in and out but not much!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
OK got everything buttoned up good enough to weld them in. Have some VERY minor adjusting to do, then zap them in. Got a few wires to extend and such but other than that the fenders fit very well and everything is peachy. I will say it is going to be a little more difficult to get in, but i am going to look for some air shocks that I can just push a button then they will go up!

This is after fitting the passenger side panel back on.
CIMG0036.jpg

Getting some custom sill plates made to replace the one that broke. They are going to have Quaethem Motorsports etched in them. Here is the other side!
CIMG0041.jpg

bobf100

Those doors are amazing!! My neighbor and I were talking about them after you left - he is going to talk to his buddy about putting them on his buddy's S-10. I've never seen the truck but supposedly it's chopped and has a ton of custom features on it.

Storm

Wow.. I'm gonna have to send you the ubber gHey award.. Lambo doors are so retarded..

In all seriousness, what drove you to do something like this? I just like to know what people think when they decide they want "Lambo" doors on a truck, let alone a honda civic. LMAO

Not knocking you, I just think they look funny. Kinda missing the whole "Lambo" part, you know the outrageously FAST car. smilietease smilietease

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
LOL I was thinkin...."Stock ain't Doc!" and like bob said, you don't see it very often, along with the exhaust, and such I just dare to be different.smilietease

But it comes in handy when you are in a crowded lot, or better yet when you park out in the middle of bfe on the lot and you come out and you have a butthead parked right next to you with 5 or six other spots open. all you have to do is open a little and up they go. you can get the kids in and out without having to worry about scratching you paint! its happened before.:headbang:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah my buddy Jim came over today and took a lot of pics. He is jealous, now he really wants to get them on his car, but hasn't had time! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
got any links brian? I will definatly check them out!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Look badass to me!

I hope you didn't use a credit card. You may end up with problems similar to mine. ;)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
No I pay cash! I hate CC companies! LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts