Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Yuuuuummmyyyyyy

Michigan
Ok i have sined.... My baby is mad and its all my fault lol. Well... I bought the truck almost a year ago, looked at the air filter once, the box had broken clips so i bolted it together hahaha grade 8 bolts on plastic works great!

Well last night me and Skank I mean skan had a convo about the 460 air tube, and today i desided to check my filter out since i never changed it. Well sure enough theres the pic and wow was it nasty! I took my air box out, the tubes that go to the throttle bodies, and the crappy factory air tube, all had crap in em it was nasty. Well i went to the ford dealer and bought a fuel filter, while i was on the subject of changing filters i desided to do that since i had a hunch the original owner, and the owner that owned it for a couple of months before me never changed it. So i took it out and where the fuel went in was clean, i turned it the other way and nothing but crap and rusty gas!!!!!!!

So im Sure glad i changed it!! The idle is alot smoother and im sure she is happy, i washed and waxed it today. smilietease But hey umm... Anyone know of any 460 air tubes around for sale? Got the money and im lookin to get one. Let me know if you do! Thanks

100_3459.jpg

100_3460.jpg

Michigan
HAHAHAHA good god thats a nasty filter! U want my old one? lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
What does that filter have on it? 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 MILES?? LOL

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The 300 -6 r same thing . And easy to find. I know I told u I'd look but its been sort of like winter here. :)

Michigan
O YEA IT WAS YOU! lol i thought it was you that PMed me a while back lost. I just couldnt remember. Yea when you can that would be awesome!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just getting funds back to play some so we'll see.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ill be heading down to a few junk yards in a few weeks. And the dude I got my tcase from was a 460 truck. Ill ask if he got it. He called me the other day to see if I put it in yet. Told him na im lazy. Ill tell him its working great. And Ill go get my siding rear window while im at it.

Michigan
yea if you could c that would be kool

Michigan
It was on Messenger

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So shaddup eco, you shit disturber. smilietease
Hahaha my thoughts EXACTLY! He probably wanted to go find the thread so he could point out the inconsistencies in my arguments, lol.

Mike, SHAME ON YOU for letting it go that long, but good work getting it replaced ;)

Andy and I are planning on hitting the junkyard on Sunday (if it's open on easter), so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 300/460 tube, but don't count on it ;) Plus I would image that Andy'll want first dibs :p

And Ryan, thats NASTY. I'm surprised the engine could still run...

hey guys just an observation here-and I'm nobody -but if your doing modifications that are working well-why not post the things on the general post rather than pm,s so everybody can benefit from them-not a sermon,just a thought 'hiding_smilie'

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol. Mike and I talk on MSN pretty often, normally about nothing -- stuff that wouldn't belong on the forums or else it'd be full of a bunch of nonsense (wait.... that sounds familiar...)

But every once in a while we get to talkin' bout trucks (k, more than every once in a while, lol). So Mike was asking which of my mods gave me the best performance gains and I told him switching from the open-element K&N filter to a stock airbox with a 300/460 tube gave a very noticable gain. So then he asked which filter I'm using and after saying Motorcraft paper filter he said "I don't know when mine was last replaced.... I should probably check that... hey so that 460 tube worked out well for you?" "Yup"

Consider yourself "filled-in" on our little convo ;)

Lol. Mike and I talk on MSN pretty often, normally about nothing -- stuff that wouldn't belong on the forums or else it'd be full of a bunch of nonsense (wait.... that sounds familiar...)

But every once in a while we get to talkin' bout trucks (k, more than every once in a while, lol). So Mike was asking which of my mods gave me the best performance gains and I told him switching from the open-element K&N filter to a stock airbox with a 300/460 tube gave a very noticable gain. So then he asked which filter I'm using and after saying Motorcraft paper filter he said "I don't know when mine was last replaced.... I should probably check that... hey so that 460 tube worked out well for you?" "Yup"

Consider yourself "filled-in" on our little convo ;)

hey if it's working on other trucks someone-should put in a post so people on the site could use the info-a way to help and maybe bring on new users-i would like to see a detailed post my self-if it helps we all need the knowledge:wavey:

hey if it's a proven fact-more than one or 2 people gaining from it-maybe a sticky would be nice?-I've got a 90 E150 302 and it needs all the help it can get-getting ready to check the gear ratio and try a swap out tomorrow-got 2 other trucks sitting in the yard and am going to check the rear end tags for the results-see what i got-if I can go from a 308 to a 355 that is my plan :) just have to check them out-finally getting warm enough to work on stuff around here :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts