Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Yuuuuummmyyyyyy

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well the air will help with getting cool air in compartment. The 300-6 460 tube flows better .

But Skans and mine (allot of 94 or newer and all CA trucks) r MAF there is a sensor in the air box. Even if you move it it intake . These truck do not preform as good. The hot engine bay air cancels out the open intake benefits.

Hahaha my thoughts EXACTLY! He probably wanted to go find the thread so he could point out the inconsistencies in my arguments, lol.

Well, things still seem to move kinda slowly around here and all the "behind the scenes convos" going on don't help. This isn't the first time I have seen comments about a discussion that never took place in a thread, such as the coolant in the TB thing you talked to Goose about. Why not talk about it in open forum? Of all people you seem to be one of the biggest FTF cheerleaders, so why not add to it's traffick by posting more in the forum and less behind the scenes?

Michigan
Yea mostly our convos consist of me calling skan a retard. lol jk, yea if we HAD THE CHAT! thing on this site we could all shoot the shiit! I also didnt feel like adding another one of those "460 air tube" Threads for a simple question and i remember skank having one on his truck... Also skan, i watched the vid of your shift kit... Im not gonna put 33's on my truck, because i took a vid of mine from 20 to 70 and without the shift kit it doesnt stay at 3 grand for very long.. It stays at around 3300 for a little while when it goes into 3rd and then starts pulling again. Here it is. Not to bad for a bone stock motor and in the past week ive rode in several fast cars, (not going to name the brand) :)

Going to bump my timing up next weekend.

Click Here

I'm sorry about that, eco. It was actually kinda innocent as my conversation was just that, a phone conversation. I was surprised coolant was even near the TB and literally went out to my '97 Expedition to see if it had the same setup. I then went and took some pictures the next day in the daylight of my wifes '06 Mustang GT's TB and PM'd them to Skan. The reason I didn't post them in the thread was they weren't applicable to the thread. I really didn't feel comfortable inserting myself into the thread in any way because I don't currently own a generation 8/9 truck and felt anything I might post would be speculation at best. Again, I'm sorry if it looked as if information was being kept private.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Wasnt your dist stuck? Did you ever get it free?

Michigan
Wasnt your dist stuck? Did you ever get it free?
HA u dont forget much. Yea it was stuck, still is. Im going to start spraying it with PB and when i get it out of there im gonna put a new O ring on it and lube it up.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Michigan
HAHAHAHA! lmao, yep a little lube will do...

HA u dont forget much. Yea it was stuck, still is. Im going to start spraying it with PB and when i get it out of there im gonna put a new O ring on it and lube it up.
try the aero kroil-it works wonders-or the 1/2 atf and acetone-may work better-I have never had any luck with pb blaster

Michigan
yes PB blaster for me means, waist my money, spray it, break it anyways, spend more money on drill bits and taps, couple of swear words, a couple of breaks, and about 10 hours later im good to go lol. But i think in this case it might help....

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i use wd 40 or the sorts to say, Dad i told you it was stuck. You watched me spray it and i still broke it...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
PB works for me. If I do have something really stuck, it gets PB, WD and Liquid Wrench. All 3, thats how I got my rusted, crusted spark plugs out. Took me a week of sprayin all 3, 3 times a day.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I've rarely had great success with just a penetrant, but penetrant and a propane torch (best I've got) together have broken loose a lot of stuff when I've been smart enough to dig them out instead of breaking them with brute force.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I saw a new one out in an orange can but I can't remember what it was...doesn't drip doesn't stain and doesn't leave residue...but does the same as PB wd and liquid wrench nonetheless.....I was gonna try it till it rung up at 7 bucks a can......pffffff whatever!

JR

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Is that why you're so cheap, Ryan?

Seriously, though- it's more than just price. I've got a can of Liquid Wrench, wasn't much cheaper than PB but I don't think it's nearly as good. All they had when I needed it, though.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I used stuff called Croil. I haven't seen it since, but DAMN it worked well. It wasn't aerosol though. More like a can of the 3 in 1 oil. Advirtised as the "Creeping Oil"

Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Heard of it, but never seen it. I believe there's an aerosol version called AeroKroil. Real inventive namers, they are...

I saw a new one out in an orange can but I can't remember what it was...doesn't drip doesn't stain and doesn't leave residue...but does the same as PB wd and liquid wrench nonetheless.....I was gonna try it till it rung up at 7 bucks a can......pffffff whatever!

JR
was it knock er loose??? seen that stuff up here-never tried it- but out here it's a lot more smiliegitrdone

Heard of it, but never seen it. I believe there's an aerosol version called AeroKroil. Real inventive namers, they are...

yup great stuff-costs bookoo though anybody try the atf/acetone 50-50 mix yet or will I be the 1st-this spring when it warms up?-hey if it works and I have to be the guinee pig I want royalties :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts