Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

who has a sagging front bumper? let's race

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i play dueling banjos. and ozark mt dare devils when i go and hang out with my city friends. Nothing like driving around tulsa with a harmonic blairing or dueling banjos..ya get some strange looks

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I have to agree, awesome song.

back on topic UPDATE:

looked at it this afternoon.

for some reason i didn't get a pic from the outside, but you can see from the inside, it's sagging
IMG_2545.jpg

the only thing i can see that's "adjustable" is this piece
IMG_2540.jpg

it happened when i got towed and had a chain wrapped around the frame. i don't see how banging that little lip back to straight will bring the corner of the bumper up enough to notice anything.

EDIT: Skan, that's called rust

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
i guess cockeyed - well not really cockeyed or sagging, just bent

that could answer my own question - do i just need to bend it back...start with the circled part then just use a jack and see if i can bed it back into position

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
i guess cockeyed - well not really cockeyed or sagging, just bent

that could answer my own question - do i just need to bend it back...start with the circled part then just use a jack and see if i can bed it back into position
Damn I should have taken pictures when I was redoing mine.... :headbang:

2/2 on failed projects today

i took off the bolt, jacked up the bumper, banged around on the circled part above (i don't think i did anything), tightened it back up and undid the jack

results (it's actually just the before pic)
IMG_2549.jpg

...another day

EDIT:
Damn I should have taken pictures when I was redoing mine.... :headbang:
mark this down as a project chris did not take pics of. ...what a disappointment to the site

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
mark this down as a project chris did not take pics of. ...what a disappointment to the site
Damnit... You're really tempting me to go out there and take it back off for some pics... Maybe I'll go down and buy some washers and space out the driveside, and take some pics of course :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Making a tech thread about how to fix it right now... Not really anything "technical" about it but it'll give you guys some ideas. I'll post the link here when I finished posting pics.

good work chris - looks like i didn't take off enough bolts to do much. i'll give it another shot in a couple weeks when i get some time

Ford Truck Articles