Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang, that's not bad! I put about 1000 a month down without any extra driving.

Yeah...we won't be putting that many miles on it every month...that would be a 1500mile/month pace. But we've been going on 'mini trips' and just driving for the helluva it to enjoy her new vehicle. Typically, it won't see 700 miles a month...and 400 of that is back and forth to work.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
This weekend the Ranger got an Oil Change, as well as a nice bath.

The F100, still sits. I did have a few moments of quiet time where I enjoyed the comfort of the seat. It's pretty relaxing in that old truck.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I didn't do anything to the truck today, but I bought a new radio for it. The plan is to see if the door speakers work then go from there. (I plan on upgrading them eventually, though)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I didn't do anything to the truck today, but I bought a new radio for it. The plan is to see if the door speakers work then go from there. (I plan on upgrading them eventually, though)

Are you going to put new speakers in the door?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Are you going to put new speakers in the door?

For now, no.

But I am an audio freak, so I plan on 2 new speakers for the doors, tweeters somewhere in/under the dash (Maybe in the pillars?), and a couple of speakers behind the seat.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
For now, no.

But I am an audio freak, so I plan on 2 new speakers for the doors, tweeters somewhere in/under the dash (Maybe in the pillars?), and a couple of speakers behind the seat.

What size speakers will you put in? I made the mistake of cutting my door (not door panel) for a 6 1/2 speaker now it looks like I will have to cut the door panels to get the sound quality and loudness better.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Putting foam baffles behind the door speakers is a cheap and easy way to improve the overall sound and preserve the speakers.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
What size speakers will you put in? I made the mistake of cutting my door (not door panel) for a 6 1/2 speaker now it looks like I will have to cut the door panels to get the sound quality and loudness better.

I was thinking 6 1/2, but I don't know what size I can go with. That would be the ideal size, though.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Putting foam baffles behind the door speakers is a cheap and easy way to improve the overall sound and preserve the speakers.

I'm thinking about replacing the doors anyway. That way I can put in proper 51/2 in speakers.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

Sure is! I wish I had got around to doing that on the dent. I plan on doing it with this guy. It also helps with weather protection.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did a little light to light racing (only up to the limit) racing AGAINST my girl. Me and Bailee met up for some dinner, her in her Edge, me in the Bronco. I had told her a few days earlier that anything I had would stomp hers 0-45, we'd be even 45-60 and she' dominate me from 60-100+. Well, after dinner, she pulled up beside me at a redlight where there's a stretch of 5 lights, and if you get one on red, you'll get them all on red (the way they're timed). speed goes between 45 and 55 along this stretch. She pulls up beside me, and creeps forward, and she lines up to go. Anyway, I dominated her by a car length to a length and a half each time. So she's bound and determined to beat me now, she requested we go to the local strip...it's only an 1/8th though...so we wouldn't get much past 65-70 anyway...so now she's bound and determined to race in the 1/4.

God I love my chick.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Did a little light to light racing (only up to the limit) racing AGAINST my girl. Me and Bailee met up for some dinner, her in her Edge, me in the Bronco. I had told her a few days earlier that anything I had would stomp hers 0-45, we'd be even 45-60 and she' dominate me from 60-100+. Well, after dinner, she pulled up beside me at a redlight where there's a stretch of 5 lights, and if you get one on red, you'll get them all on red (the way they're timed). speed goes between 45 and 55 along this stretch. She pulls up beside me, and creeps forward, and she lines up to go. Anyway, I dominated her by a car length to a length and a half each time. So she's bound and determined to beat me now, she requested we go to the local strip...it's only an 1/8th though...so we wouldn't get much past 65-70 anyway...so now she's bound and determined to race in the 1/4.

God I love my chick.

Do you suppose that's why they call it an "Edge"?

Replaced the battery on my truck . It went chug, chug at -8 deg outside. I bought another walmart battery. The last battery was a walmart that lasted 7 years - put it in right after I bought the truck. It was a good battery especially with the number of start cycles it went through after 7 years.

Next, I have to find a vacuum leak on the vacuum booster for the brakes. The engine lugs down pretty good when it is cold and I step on the brakes. RPM's come right back up when I release the brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles