Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Walked by my 78 Ranger Lariat twice
Today, and I thought I'd like to drive it today,
And then I decided to drive it to Church,
Tomorrow , just to give it a little exercise.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ran some errands in town this morning. ....MAN I'll never get tired of driving my dents!

20130919_082139_zpsca4a907a.jpg

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
She needs a good detail but still looks great!

20130919_082144_zps3e8237fc.jpg

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Pulled the rocker arms, push rods spark plugs. Getting ready to swap out valve springs and retainers. I think a 494 lift cam is to much for stock springs and rotators. :headbang:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Did you get your flu shot ?

I've always said it here....nothing gets passed you fellas!

Maybe he was getting his well drilled.smilietease

Hahahahahaha.......if I was, I would admit it....I was getting creamer for the office if you must know.....about $4 in gas to the store (based on 8 MPG's), $7 worth of creamer (which usually lasts me about a month)............enjoyment of riding around town in my dent: PRICELESS! smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^you guys are too much...I'm taking the 250 out this weekend to tool around town for some errands!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I've always said it here....nothing gets passed you fellas!

Hahahahahaha.......if I was, I would admit it....I was getting creamer for the office if you must know.....about $4 in gas to the store (based on 8 MPG's), $7 worth of creamer (which usually lasts me about a month)............enjoyment of riding around town in my dent: PRICELESS! smilieFordlogo

YelloThumbUp YelloThumbUp YelloThumbUp

Manimal

California Chapter member
Fixed my trans. I was experiencing shutter in reverse. I posted the question on 460Ford and a guy told me to drill a hole(#56,57,58 or 3/64") in the end of a glass fuse,break out the glass and insert it into the vacuum line on the manifold side.....(basically a vacuum restrictor) And it WORKED! So I ended up making one from brass tubing and a compression ferrule. Works perfectly!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
This wasn't today, but a couple weeks ago I made a trip down to Nebraska where my 77 is now and was able to get it out and drive it a bit.

Manimal

California Chapter member
It is confirmed, 494 lift is to much for stock springs and rotators. I ordered this from Summit racing yesterday at 10:30 and it showed up today around 3. All done and what a difference!!
CCA-940-16_ml.jpg

cca-742-16_ml.jpg

I went with this K-D spring compressor. The knob was able to be removed and a 5/8 wrench turned it. Glad I went that way because if the knob didn't come off I'd of had to pull the A/C box. I did have to remove the power booster for 1 spring.
KDT-3271_ml.jpg

And 1 of these to air up the cylinder.
wmr-w84003_w_ml.jpg

All total it was 183 bucks.

Old to new comparison, quite a bit taller.
img_1815.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts