Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^can't wait to start doing upgrades over time. Hey, may start an upgrade thread for the 79! :)

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Doesn't look like it, but 4 hours spent on frame today.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
^^^can't wait to start doing upgrades over time. Hey, may start an upgrade thread for the 79! :)

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Can't wait. Nice wax job, by the way!

I gave the underside a good wash, and checked the fluids. Just about to hit the 1K mile mark on my new trouble free 390.

Woo-hoo!

Derek.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
This wasn't today, but recently: Full coolant flush, new thermostat, and reinstalled the original radiator that I just had to have recored at a local shop. It sprung a leak on me recently.

I was tempted to go SuperCooler when the old radiator went, but with a new, mineral deposit free core in the stock radiator, it's cooling better than ever. The temp gauge hasn't moved past "R" yet – even when idling.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
This wasn't today, but recently: Full coolant flush, new thermostat, and reinstalled the original radiator that I just had to have recored at a local shop. It sprung a leak on me recently.

I was tempted to go SuperCooler when the old radiator went, but with a new, mineral deposit free core in the stock radiator, it's cooling better than ever. The temp gauge hasn't moved past "R" yet – even when idling.

Lol.. Mine in my Flareside don't move past the N except first fire up to allow the thermostat to open.. Ahahhaha

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Oil filter inspection. She is healthy! About 1100 miles on my first engine build!

null_zps73cbe7bd.jpg

Derek.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
This is a special day....the first time they've been out together.....I'll get more picturesque photos this fall of them together, but had to take these....what a sight!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^They're very, very close in height......both have 6" lifts, but the 79 has aggressive 37's and the 77 has not so aggressive 36's.
smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I also changed the oil and filter in the 77.....all 8+ quarts of Amsoil 0w30 synthetic oil and 2 Amsoil filters.

I pulled mine out today,,,finally. Its been over 18 months since its been out of the garage. I had to go straight to the gas station. It runs exactly like it did the last time I drove it. Probably go to the local car show tonight.

Your truck is immaculate Mark! Whatva beauty! Making our trucks look bad! :p

I went "off roading" for the first time with this truck. Those KM2 tires perform amazingly, and the torque of that 390 in low range is nuts!

null_zps01511004.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I pulled mine out today,,,finally. Its been over 18 months since its been out of the garage. I had to go straight to the gas station. It runs exactly like it did the last time I drove it. Probably go to the local car show tonight.

That truck gives me wood

A whole bunch of very nice dents to look at. Thanks all for sharing your pics.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts