Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well...I did it again....lol

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Yep sure did....I traded this vehicle......

DSC00793.JPG

97 Cheby Silverado.....

97_silverado_002.JPG

for a very clean one owner only (elderly at that) 2005 Ford Explorer XLT......

2005_Ford_Explorer_5-15-2013_002.JPG

2005_Ford_Explorer_5-15-2013_005.JPG

2005_Ford_Explorer_5-15-2013_004.JPG

2005_Ford_Explorer_5-15-2013_003.JPG

Sooo Back in a Blue Oval for daily commuting.....just maybe ill pickup a few more MPG'S along the way as well as answering my skeptism about the Explorer...Time will tell and ill share it all here...I will say so far so good.Ill miss the Silverado...Realisticly it was the best and only Cheby ive ever owned over the yrs.....but very Glad to be back in a Ford Product....smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^the additional doors makes it a little more practical for every day use. You lose the utility of the truck and just the truck, but not bad. My mil has the exact same model.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My mother has a 2003 Explorer and it's been a great vehicle. It's equipped with 4x4 and the 4.6, and she gets 18mpg all day long. That's a nice ride.

Ryan

BuzzGun79

^^ Penicillin helps rid you of viruses too.

Well Mark....Im very Allergic to Penicilin.....

^^^the additional doors makes it a little more practical for every day use. You lose the utility of the truck and just the truck, but not bad. My mil has the exact same model.

You said it Ken... Practical,What i lose in truck utility..i gain in SUV Utility theres a good deal of cargo space in the rear with both rear benches down..Besides i still have the 79 for any big hauling that may occur...

Nice looking ex, you stepped up in the world. Expect 18MPG.

Thanks Randy...I sure hope so,Hopefully with the 4.0 ill see some better numbers.....

My mother has a 2003 Explorer and it's been a great vehicle. It's equipped with 4x4 and the 4.6, and she gets 18mpg all day long. That's a nice ride.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan..this one is 4x4 with the 4.0,the former owner told me he saw 17 in the city up to 25 on the road....That would work for me..Much of my commuting is highway driving to the home city

Very nice, I think the newer Sploders were leaps and bounds ahead of the older ones.

Agreed Eric...i feel the same way

OR, if you're like me it'll put you in the hopital/grave...

Yep..just like you are....

Congrat's Bob! :)

Thanks Roy!! it also has "FOG LIGHTS"....hehe.....smilieFordlogo

Nice looking suv Bob

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I love my Explorer. Best thing I ever did for zipping around town.

Mileage with mine (4.0) 19 around town, and 25 on the road.

BuzzGun79

To enhance some of the vehicles Character lines i did some pinstriping today using the 3m tape in which i highly recommend.....

pin_striping_explorer_003.JPG

pin_striping_explorer_001.JPG

pin_striping_explorer_004.JPG

Just basic simple subtle enhancements can change the look on any vehicle...

BuzzGun79

I love my Explorer. Best thing I ever did for zipping around town.

Mileage with mine (4.0) 19 around town, and 25 on the road.

Ill tell ya Charlie...im realy diging this vehicle...plenty of power with the 4.0.it does out accelerate the wifes 2010 Grand Cherokee with the 3.7 v-6 impressively...Im just wandering how the Ford Dura Trac will compete with the Jeeps Quadra Trac,that will be the true test of this vehicle along with the mileage....The Jeep dosent spin a wheel and can climb pretty steep grades in incliment weather with very little effort...I can wait for that tho..LOL...with her driving the Jeep averages 17-21 my numbers go up a bit when im driving it...lol

Last edited:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I love this thing. Parking garages, parking lots. Turns on a dime!!! And your right, it screams like a mustang. I can't believe how quick it is. I can't imagine one with the V 8 in it, lol

We never used it in the snow, I have an old beater f 150 4x4 we run when it's bad out.

I can tell you my son has a 01 sport AWD, and he gets around better than my beater.

We were lucky enough to get one with a leather interior. Only complaint, no heated seats, lol

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Excellent choice. One of my neighbors has 270,000 on an exploder. Don't remember what year. I do know he bought it used about 10 years ago.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice Bob...smilieFordlogo ....even nicer a scumbag vehicle got ditched for it :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts