Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wax review

COUNTRYBOY77

COUNTRYBOY77
I would have to agree on the clay bar and the carnuba wax. You just need to make sure you use 100% carnuba wax it is the best for your paint.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I use TurtleWax Express Shine. Spray on when your thuck is still a little wet then rub (use microfiber cloth) it dry, then one more time dry. Great wet look. I mean great.
You can get it at the dollar store cheap too.

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
Meg's NXT 2.0 is what i used last on my truck. Works well, no complaints. But i know there are more durable/longer lasting waxes out there.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I want to know what kind of wax they used
1b393fcfd10d6f6443e7709f711d789b_large.jpg

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
didn't mean to pull this off subject but I saw Armor all cam out with a new Soap/Wax they say its just as good as traditional waxing.
Has any one here used it? or are you like me and think its bogus?

Black150

So Cal
IMO, definitely bogus. Even if it did leave a coat of wax, it would be so weak it would be gone before the next wash. I think i'd use spray wax before trying that stuff.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think it might give a nice shine but I HIGHLY doubt it can give the effects of a good wax. Just doesn't seem possible. One of those "too good to be true" scenarios.

I dunno...I tried one of those one time (since I'm too lazy to wax the truck right anyway). Hard to say how well it waxed the paint, but DAMN did it take a long time to wear off the windshield. I think I eventually had to scrub with Windex because it was streaking so bad when I used the wipers...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
In my opinion-- you know you've got a nice coat of wax on your truck when you run your hand across the paint and it feels like glass.

You can get damn close to that feeling from just washing it, but a waxed finish has a 1 of a kind feeling to it.

Black150

So Cal
So what do You guys think is the best brand of wax to use?

I've been hearing great things about Collinite and it's durability. Next waxing i'm gonna try some #476. I have faith in this stuff with nothing but good reviews from pro detailers.

Ford Truck Articles