Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

walk me through Aftermarket Tach install

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
wait so its ok too hook it to the same power as the radio? the instructions say dont do that...

i just put the wire around the fuse and put in the fuse box
i had mine there never had a prob :s

well then try another fuse that isnt important

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
bwahaha wow.. ghetto rigged... i guess im gonna try it all on thursday...

lol yupp.. it was like that until i bought another fuse box to put extra accesories in

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
ok guys i was just wondering is cool if i attached the strument light panel fuse to the light power wire? cause it would be a chit load simpler...

i dont think that would work.. try it!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
well i did... haha... my truck wont start now... i accidently pulled a wire to far out of the connector to the coil and it wont go back in... ill get it figured out when i have more daylight.. but everything else is figured out..

Connectors?We don't need connectors.The Previous Owner of my truck was nice enough to throw some female spade connectors on the wires for my coil.

That reminds me,I need to get a connector from the junkyard if I can find one.

Hope ya get her fixed tomorrow man,and I hope you don't have to go anywhere.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
DAM!!!! i aint quite able to figure this out yet....

ive got the tach wired in the rest of the way, but i still cant get my truck to start.. its like its not getting any spark, i know its getting fuel, but no spark.. this is gonna be frustrating...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
AND SHE'S RUNNING!!!!! got it figured out.. just gotta mount the tach now...

And what was wrong?

I'd also like to point out, you got your truck to not run from a simple 3-4 wire hook up. So what are we supposed to think what really happened to your friends Nissan you worked on? HAHAHHAHAHA...just ball busting man.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
And what was wrong?

I'd also like to point out, you got your truck to not run from a simple 3-4 wire hook up. So what are we supposed to think what really happened to your friends Nissan you worked on? HAHAHHAHAHA...just ball busting man.

well i had the coil wires not fully in their plug in. and when i was trying to get them in it was late last night and i was putting them in sideways.. ahaha thats what being tired will do to ya. and this morning i had at first forgot how the coil wires were supposed to go..

but i got it runnin and the tach is workin.. just a simple hiccup...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts