Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Crew Cabs are becoming more of a demand which drives the value up. Like with all trucks though, the region does determine value and also being a 4x4 vs a 4x2. Also, like new trucks, the crew cab is becoming more and more popular because of needing the rear seat. When I started on my 77, I didn't really think about having 2 kids. So, I can't safely have my 2 kids and my wife ride with me in the 77 which makes the truck a little bit impractical. My supercab is much better now because I can have the 2 kids in the rear, but when they get older and taller than it's going to become an issue. Luckily I'm not 6'5 either or I'd need to have the front seat all the way back which would interfere with the kids in the back. So, having a crew cab would be ideal. I still think the price on the blue crew cab is high, but all in all crew cabs are becoming very popular and more hard to find in certain areas. I'm trying to get my hands on a 2wd Crew Cab that has been sitting for quite awhile, but again it's a guy that won't give up anything and would rather have things rot to the ground rather than giving it up.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Crew Cabs are becoming more of a demand which drives the value up. Like with all trucks though, the region does determine value and also being a 4x4 vs a 4x2. Also, like new trucks, the crew cab is becoming more and more popular because of needing the rear seat. When I started on my 77, I didn't really think about having 2 kids. So, I can't safely have my 2 kids and my wife ride with me in the 77 which makes the truck a little bit impractical. My supercab is much better now because I can have the 2 kids in the rear, but when they get older and taller than it's going to become an issue. Luckily I'm not 6'5 either or I'd need to have the front seat all the way back which would interfere with the kids in the back. So, having a crew cab would be ideal. I still think the price on the blue crew cab is high, but all in all crew cabs are becoming very popular and more hard to find in certain areas. I'm trying to get my hands on a 2wd Crew Cab that has been sitting for quite awhile, but again it's a guy that won't give up anything and would rather have things rot to the ground rather than giving it up.

I'm with you 100% on this post.....wifey and I bought the 77 when it was just us and I was looking for a new company vehicle....now two little ones later (and two dents later also smilieFordlogo ) they're not practical for the family, which is why my huge desire for a crew.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This one would be a beast being that it's a dually conversion.

http://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/4083989321.html

That thing is roooooooooowdy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977...em=111175933965&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

This paint scheme can't be original....looks weird. But doubt he'll get his 10k.

Black and white was possible...but the tutone break isn't a dentside scheme. 77-79 it would have broken off in the dent and where the lower racetrack trim would have gone. Above the dent and below the bottom body line (wheel arches and rockers) would have been the same color and the middle would have been the secondary color. 76 and earlier would have broken off in the middle of the dent and the secondary color would have gone all the way to the bottom. So the tutone scheme is close 76 and earlier, but it broke off in the wrong place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976...em=151129037104&forcev4exp=true#ht_564wt_1161

This looks like a decent restoration and I'd almost...almost pay that much for it, but it's still a tad high and is a standard and a short bed I believe. It has AC and plenty of chrome.

Something just looks off to me as a whole....maybe the tires are too wide or that it's just a short bed....don't know.

Always always always looooooooved that color. I think it's those tires that are throwing the look of that truck off. 39's but they're 18" wide...never been one for super wide tires. That truck does have a lot of chrome and shocks that go on for days...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Black and white was possible...but the tutone break isn't a dentside scheme. 77-79 it would have broken off in the dent and where the lower racetrack trim would have gone. Above the dent and below the bottom body line (wheel arches and rockers) would have been the same color and the middle would have been the secondary color. 76 and earlier would have broken off in the middle of the dent and the secondary color would have gone all the way to the bottom. So the tutone scheme is close 76 and earlier, but it broke off in the wrong place.

Always always always looooooooved that color. I think it's those tires that are throwing the look of that truck off. 39's but they're 18" wide...never been one for super wide tires. That truck does have a lot of chrome and shocks that go on for days...

Ok on the paint....just looked odd to me and something I haven't seen before.

But I think you're right on the tires that's throwing it off.....I don't like the look of tires that wide.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Looks like a decent build:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rest...m=251346607496&forcev4exp=true#ht_1184wt_1161

Something even I'd consider......it is a tad high and tires are big at 39, but it has everything else......AC, Auto, etc., and absolutely love the built in guages....how'd he do that? Did he have to cut into the dash?

Not a bad truck. I do wonder though that if rust is starting on the door, than where else will it start to form. Seems a little soon to be starting rust from a 6 year resto if never driven in winter.

For the gauges, ya you would have to cut into the dash, take some metal pipe to for the angle pods and weld it to the dash, do some finishing work and there ya go.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd avoid it just because of the sun roof. And I agree with buck...that's a lot of rust for the price and his claim.

That seller is out of his mind...you know the quality of work Scott does...using all OEM and NOS parts on what he touched...his still only sold for 12k. Rarity and obscurity are definitely regionally defined.

Thanks Ben. I let that truck go way to cheap. I never should of sold it for that price but I needed to free up some cash to get my motorhome. :headbang:

Oh yeah....I remember that build! But wasn't it a Super Cab? Still, Scott's truck was 10X's this for sure as will be the one he's building now.

And thank you Ken.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Dude is whacked out of his mind...take a drive down 85 for an hour, you'll see them all over for less than half that price...and look better to boot.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts