Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
What do you do for a living man?

Fellro

Staff member
I'd have to look again, but those door panels remind me of the ones in my supercab parts truck. They aren't likely available repro, so might be why they are still there.

Other than the mis-information, not seeing anything obvious, but that is the trick with internet. It is difficult to know anything until you see it in person.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I think that's a strong candidate Ken. Things that bugged me, for that kinda scratch, I'd want new door panels and carpet...and the speakers cut in to the door drive me insane. The engine description is off, but should be easily enough explained. After seeing the engine bay, which to me looks like it needs some spiffing up, I'd want to see underneath. So no huge issues and pretty nitpicky, but for the scratch, I'd want clarification and validation. You have my blessing...haha.

Ben.......phew.....was hoping you'd chime in soon.....didn't want to wrap it up without at least hearing from you......now that I have your blessing, I'm feeling much better...thanks man!

The owner is getting me the engine shop contact information that rebuilt the motor to clarify the engine questions.

He's also getting me pictures of the undercarriage and I should have those soon.

Ben, is that you? smilietease Welcome back.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

BTW...I realize time is of the essence, so it probably wouldn't mesh well for you, but that's only 2.5hrs from me. I have month and quarter close at the new job and a wedding to get through, but I wouldn't mind going and taking. Look for you NEXT weekend. Like I said, probably a week too late, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Yeah it's me...just been super swamped with the new job...been flying all over kissing hands and shaking babies. The next week and half will probably be solid 12-16hr days and I have a week long trip out to Anaheim to shake more babies and kiss more hands coming up soon. Should slow soon though.

Edit...BTW...Portland is flipping gorgeous, I still hate Chicago and I'd still prefer to drive 20 hours straight than have to deal with airports. Might have to see what it costs to rent a little 2 engine and have my navy buddy fly me around...hahaha.

Man, I'm tempted to wait, but the wifey and I are super happy with the deal as it stands, so might not be able to take you up on that. He's had this rig up on ebay and Craigslist before but was asking $17 and $18 for it and now that it's down to $15, I'm not sure it'll last that much longer...who knows, but we might not want to take the risk.

He lives!

I'd have to look again, but those door panels remind me of the ones in my supercab parts truck. They aren't likely available repro, so might be why they are still there.

Other than the mis-information, not seeing anything obvious, but that is the trick with internet. It is difficult to know anything until you see it in person.

Yup....this is a little nerve racking for sure. We bought the 77 without first seeing it in person across the country, so we have some confidence of a great experience.....it was BETTER in person, than any of the pictures could have ever done it justice.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
IMG_8382.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_005721.jpg

IMG955229.jpg

IMG952079.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thoughts on the undercarriage? Scott, Ben, Doug, Austin, Buck, Roger, Mark, anyone else?

I spoke to the owner for a while this morning and he's getting me more info on the engine questions.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
From the pictures of the engine bay, it's kinda what I expected. smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Financial operations...in the aerospace industry. Just left one company that focused on everything but engines and airframes...and I just took a controller job for a company that only focuses on engines and airframes.

Thoughts on the undercarriage? Scott, Ben, Doug, Austin, Buck, Roger, Mark, anyone else?

I spoke to the owner for a while this morning and he's getting me more info on the engine questions.

I wouldn't let it scare me off. But personally, for 15k I'd want to see painted frame...and I think I see some rust scale starting at the bed seams. Like I said before...nitpicky...but I feel that truck is so close to being a 10...that it can only be nitpicked. I'd be a lot more comfortable at 12k...but sometimes the market won't allow you to dictate.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Nice to see you again Ben.

The undercarrige looks clean and it doesn't look like anything obvious has been covered up. It would be nice to see a painted frame because paint is pretty cheap especially if he had already spent 25K on it. But, nontheless I think overall it looks good.

How long ago was this supposed restoration?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
How long ago was this supposed restoration?

He told me about 2 years ago.

Seems to be a bit of dirt that's been painted, in different spots .
What size front axles on there Scot ? It has the sway bar but I can't tell .

Mark, looks like I'll be driving by around 4-5ish next Wednesday? Not good with time estimates just yet.....how far are you from Randy?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ahem...what route are you taking??? You coming down 421, or 95 after meeting with Mark??? Or are you crossing over anywhere and hopping on 85???

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's a good thing I made a map for these instances. :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
in·stance
/ˈinstəns/
Noun
An example or single occurrence of something: "an instance of corruption".
A particular case: "in this instance".
Synonyms
example - case - sample - event - occurrence - exemplar

:wavey: smilietease

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ken, do you have an ETA to the truck's place of residence?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
81 looks like the better route Mark....which means I'll be too far west of you, eh?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ahem...what route are you taking??? You coming down 421, or 95 after meeting with Mark??? Or are you crossing over anywhere and hopping on 85???

77 to 81

It's a good thing I made a map for these instances. :D

THIS MAP HAS BEEN AWESOME TODAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken, do you have an ETA to the truck's place of residence?

My flight lands in Columbia, SC at 12:05 pm (noon +5 min), the PO is piking me up. Should be on the road at 1......the guy, being a mechanic is giving the rig a once over this weekend to make sure there isn't anything that needs buttoning up.

Ben, this means, I will literally be driving right by you....are you near your house or are you on the road?

Thought it would be good to get together and have an early dinner and I'm working it out to meet up with Randy Friday around lunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts