Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
But when did they actually stop using the "trailer Special" emblem on the tailgate ?

My brain doesn't work past 1979. I know the badge was used then. I'm thinking the T/S continued on in the 80's but no idea how long.

I thought the tailgate emblem ended in 77.

Not that I'm aware of. My Bronco has it on the gate. I'm almost certain the badge was on the back of truck tailgates in 78-79.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thats amazing Ken, are you thinking about buying it ?

Amazing, yes. Absurdly priced, yes. I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay 25K for a 2wd. If it were 4wd he would of had much better odds getting that price and then some if indeed those are original miles.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thats amazing Ken, are you thinking about buying it ?

Nah.....no ac, no 4wd, no lift. Pretty cool though.

Amazing, yes. Absurdly priced, yes. I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay 25K for a 2wd. If it were 4wd he would of had much better odds getting that price and then some if indeed those are original miles.

Nah.....no ac, no 4wd, no lift. Pretty cool though.

2-3 years ago some one pulled one out of a garage in Canada with under 15k miles on it. It was on ebay , the bidding was going above $15k and it just disappeared. I'd guess someone made an offer they couldn't refuse.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It would be interesting to see how he built the box with the diamond plate.

Not sure I can get used to the diamond plate.......looks wrong.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2-3 years ago some one pulled one out of a garage in Canada with under 15k miles on it. It was on ebay , the bidding was going above $15k and it just disappeared. I'd guess someone made an offer they couldn't refuse.

Looks like he added a bunch more pics.....still no engine bay pics :headbang: !

But the drive train has a ton of surface rust on it. The underside of the bed and the frame look close to new.

But no bids as we suspected.......$10-15k maybe? Even though I wouldn't pay that kind of money for that.

Looks like he added a bunch more pics.....still no engine bay pics :headbang: !

But the drive train has a ton of surface rust on it. The underside of the bed and the frame look close to new.

But no bids as we suspected.......$10-15k maybe? Even though I wouldn't pay that kind of money for that.

I find it hard to believe that the truck only has 645 miles on it with that much rust, holes in the exhaust, stretched out door pockets.
My 78 with 70K miles looks way better than that. My recently sold BII looked brand new when I bought it with 97K miles on it.
Ken the underbody has that "Ziebart" under coating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts