Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
My old neighbor had one but it was a bump side. I've seen a dent one around here and it was hauling one on a trailer.

Good looking truck though. Only wish I could actually afford something like that right now

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think they only offered a 4x4 CC in a shortbox

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've seen a couple long box cc before. Probably custom though. I've seen one that was on a mid 90's frame and it was part 68 and part 76. It was an awesome truck. Somewhere around here ill have to look for it and get a picture

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've seen a couple long box cc before. Probably custom though. I've seen one that was on a mid 90's frame and it was part 68 and part 76. It was an awesome truck. Somewhere around here ill have to look for it and get a picture

Yeah...if you see a 4x4 dentside CC...it's either a short bed that's been lengthened or a 2wd that's been converted. I've said it before, I'll say it again...I have no earthly idea why Ford never made a long bed 4x4 CC in the era...very sexy trucks when done right. I get a shortbus vibe from the short bed trucks otherwise.

I prefe th look of a big lifted long bed crew cab over a reg. cab idk what it is about them

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah...if you see a 4x4 dentside CC...it's either a short bed that's been lengthened or a 2wd that's been converted. I've said it before, I'll say it again...I have no earthly idea why Ford never made a long bed 4x4 CC in the era...very sexy trucks when done right. I get a shortbus vibe from the short bed trucks otherwise.

Weight, probably.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think Cheeto said his has a 157" wheelbase...which is 2" longer than 155" 2wd trucks...right???

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think Cheeto said his has a 157" wheelbase...which is 2" longer than 155" 2wd trucks...right???

Think so...it was just a guess on my part.

I was more getting at what people would do with a CC long bed....pretty sure it would tend to get overloaded way more that a 2wd....again, just guessing on what I have read and seen people do over the years.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I gotcha...I was going Add and bounced to another topic.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Always wanted to get a Bronco to match Red's paint scheme...but the tu-tone deluxe pattern. Then while I'm at it...I might as well get a crew and super cab to match too.

That said...the Bronco is nice...but nit picking at that price...can't get the right headlight bezels, trim is cloudy and as a personal preference...I hate doubling up on lower race track trim and wheel well trim. Beyond that...looks reeeeally nice. Not sure dentsides can carry a 30k premium though...maybe half that. But considering what a new truck costs, it's not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts