Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v3...the Dents we find

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpW7KOfjP4">YouTube Link</a>

I love how at the very end of the video, he slowly drives over the camera so you can see the under carriage....very, very cool. I like this rig a lot....wonder if the wifey will let me get it...I don't think it'll last long.

What do you fellas think of this one?

I like it, it's been done so that everyone an appreciate not to suit his personal taste. Price seems good too.

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
maybe it's just me, but there seems to be something strange with the RH rocker panel under the front door...doesn't seem to line up very well or something.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That is indeed a nice truck. Bonus points for black. :wasntme:

The cruise control on the steering wheel is from a later model truck (1980's). Might want to ask if everything has been added in or just the steering wheel controls.

The VIN number is incorrect. The 4th digit on the VIN should probably be a "S", instead of a "5", which would indicate a 400 motor originally.

Since it is a catalyst F250, it was originally a California truck

Also, the metal shroud for the midship plastic gas tank is completely missing, which is what holds the gas tank in place. There are two straps around the tank that look like they are anchored to the frame.

The shroud is a common problem, and replacements are impossible to find.

I had a welder refab what was left of my shroud. Just FYI, Ken.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
A restoration guy told me that in a GOOD economy, one would be lucky to recover 1/2 his initial parts investment, forget about his thousands of hours of love labor!

Kenny..I understand this...we get very little for our time invested...But I bet you i am not far off of the appraised Value of the vehicle.that is what holds water in resale of a classic vehicle,lets face it there is no blue book value..the classic Insurance co. go by the appraisal of the classic or an agreed value.Hagerty works in this manner..at least with me they did.On my rig there is approx. 30k total invested in parts & upgrades overall..now i know it wont sell for that for a minute..but 15 is a realistic starting figure if i was to sell.

Last edited:

BuzzGun79

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979...-/121011275291?forcev4exp=true#ht_1686wt_1161

I likey a lot....it pretty much has everything we want...not quite as showy as my dent, but it doesn't have to be....it is very, very close and price is right here also. Only asking $11,500, which is reasonable to me...it's a supercab, so it's a little longer than my rig......love the black!

I like it also alot...sure its not perfect..but it is well represented by the owner.imo it is priced accordingly.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I love tow mirrors on the 6th gen body style!

Me too!:)
My buddy does not.. he says "They look like they were ordered out of a J.C. Whitney catalog.":(

FTF30001.jpg

460Trucker

Me too!:)
My buddy does not.. he says "They look like they were ordered out of a J.C. Whitney catalog.":(

FTF30001.jpg

Clearly your friend hasn't driven a 6th gen with tow mirrors!

Great picture Randy! I think if I were ever crazy enough to make a trade with my truck, it would be for yours! smilieFordlogo

Clearly your friend hasn't driven a 6th gen with tow mirrors!

Mike...he is into show more than go. ;)

Great picture Randy! I think if I were ever crazy enough to make a trade with my truck, it would be for yours! smilieFordlogo

Thanks Mike and if we did trade trucks I would be proud to own your truck and I would not change a thing on it.:)

Thanks Roy.... your truck along with so many here at the FTF. I would be happy and honored to be seen in and own.

Last edited:

BuzzGun79

I love the west coast (or Trucker mirror's) Style on these trucks as well...wish mine had them,once a little blind spot mirror is installed in the corner the bases are covered.....Looking Good Randy!!

I love the west coast (or Trucker mirror's) Style on these trucks as well...wish mine had them,once a little blind spot mirror is installed in the corner the bases are covered.....Looking Good Randy!!

Thanks Buzz and you are so right about having the little "blind spot" mirrors on these west coast mirrors. Mine have saved me hundreds of times over the years by having the additional rear and side views from them.:)

460Trucker

^ I'm hurt Mike......

just kidding :) Randy's truck is sooo nice, I would trade mine in a heart beat!!

:rofl2: Would you paint it Orange or keep the Yellow? :suspicious: :D

Thanks Mike and if we did trade trucks I would be proud to own your truck and I would not change a thing on it.:)

Likewise Randy! However, you just might catch me throwing some supplemental LEDs on there... :wasntme: smilieFordlogo

460Trucker

BuzzGun79

It would look like a big bumblebee!

Did someone say "Bumble Bee"...hehe

DSC011741.JPG

A Blast from my past...My first Gen 6 truck..1977 F100...did it all my self including the Lemon Yellow Paint......

DSC011751.JPG

Full of Fur inside....LOL.....Memories of some crazy times back in my youth days.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts