Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v3...the Dents we find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Do want!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3312347119.html

5Hb5X15Me3Id3Lc3N5ca2032fe7b647231913.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
This one was posted on the dentside FB page. Would love to have one!

550108_384113478324402_1147458043_n.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Austin said:
This one was posted on the dentside FB page. Would love to have one!

I saw that too.....never seen anything like that! Very cool! Different.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
That is friggin cool! Like a 70's expedition :)

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Agreed...cool truck otherwise. I've wanted to turn an SCS in to a modern day tow monster and and turn another one in to nice 4by.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang...this one is very, very close to what we'd buy......I'm not crazy about the brush guard...and it has cab lights for you cab light crazies....but underneath is a tad less to be desired...just a tad...not show quality and the price is a little high...but dang it pretty much has everything else we're looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1899wt_1161

Unless doing cut outs (which I'm still not a fan of)...I could never understand why guys would have a flawless panel/paint and stick a god awful looking 'flare' on the wheel well. That's just gonna cause trouble with the panel later...either trying to cover up screw holes, adhesive patches, rust, etc. etc.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Unless doing cut outs (which I'm still not a fan of)...I could never understand why guys would have a flawless panel/paint and stick a god awful looking 'flare' on the wheel well. That's just gonna cause trouble with the panel later...either trying to cover up screw holes, adhesive patches, rust, etc. etc.

Have to agree with you on this one....it doesn't even match.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I like this one a lot.....he didn't spend as much time in the engine bay that he did on the exterior and interior, which is flawless....also no pics of underneath :suspicious:

I'd wish it was 4wd and a small lift. Otherwise, very nice. Reminds me of Dougs dent!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ranger-XLT-/230870086637?forcev4exp=true#ht_28858wt_1161

That is a nice truck. Looks it's got all of your requirements, Ken, except 4WD. Also looks like the gauge cluster has been changed, since the needles are VERY faded orange instead of red. All that work, and he left the faded needles in the cluster?

been passing this rig all summer a drooling, just realized it's For Sale!
my stable is full, but if any one is interested I can pass along contact info...
'79 F150 4x4, auto and winch!

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like someone got a hold of a JC Whitney catalog back in the 80's. Pretty sure the Indy pace trucks were just 2wd's. So I'd assume the tape kit was added somewhere along the line...and as I said...looks like a whole buch of added items that were popular in the 80's.

Not to mention the gheyness of the running board lights :headbang:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
been passing this rig all summer a drooling, just realized it's For Sale!
my stable is full, but if any one is interested I can pass along contact info...
'79 F150 4x4, auto and winch!

That looks pretty solid from that pic

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
That probley isnt a original indy pace truck....i thought they were all 1/2ton 2wd?

Still a nice rig though..

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Dang...this one is very, very close to what we'd buy......I'm not crazy about the brush guard...and it has cab lights for you cab light crazies....but underneath is a tad less to be desired...just a tad...not show quality and the price is a little high...but dang it pretty much has everything else we're looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1899wt_1161

Is this our unscrupulous friend from the past? It looks like one of his ads and one of his trucks.

Also – isn't the bumper with integrated fog lights and LMC exclusive? If they got the bumper there, the sheet metal may have come from there, too. Too bad – nice looking truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles