Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v3...the Dents we find

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Am i missing something?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Am i missing something?

There's a guy on ebay that always finds the best one owner, low milage, pristine, all original trucks. He started about 8 or so years ago. He's a relative scam artist...makes big claims then plays stupid when you call him out. There was a group of us across several sites that started calling him out and making his life hell...he disappeared for a while, and he still raises his head from time to time.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
ahh 10-4.......

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
There's a guy on ebay that always finds the best one owner, low milage, pristine, all original trucks. He started about 8 or so years ago. He's a relative scam artist...makes big claims then plays stupid when you call him out. There was a group of us across several sites that started calling him out and making his life hell...he disappeared for a while, and he still raises his head from time to time.

I wasn't aware either......:suspicious:

primetime

sawmill slave

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Dang...this one is very, very close to what we'd buy......I'm not crazy about the brush guard...and it has cab lights for you cab light crazies....but underneath is a tad less to be desired...just a tad...not show quality and the price is a little high...but dang it pretty much has everything else we're looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1899wt_1161

You guys are tough critics..lol...I think it is well done for the price being asked..lines look good and straight,side views of the panels are straight,does need some tlc under the hood,along with undercarriage detailing.I like it alot.probably has more into it than what he is getting out of it in reality.It aint cheap to restore these trucks to this kind of restoration.I would offer between 12-14k for it if i were buying.heck i know what i have in mine just in the mechanical end,and i have not even touched the body yet other than cleanup and minor detailing.

The ebay add from the truck in Tenn (not Va) looks the same as the ones posted by the guy in Idaho. 'hah' Maybe he moved.

Something's screwy here, License plate says Washington, Area code is Orange county California, and its listed on ebay as being in Tenn.

What says you Ben ?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Something's screwy here, License plate says Washington, Area code is Orange county California, and its listed on ebay as being in Tenn.

What says you Ben ?

My take...and it did take a little digging, the seller is from Washington. Don't have a clue on the Cali number though...no chance at a fat finger for Washington area codes, and it's not a reference to the TN location either. To the best of my ability, it does look like the truck sold to a guy in TN...why in the hell that guy wouldn't sell I dunno. He's sold a few of these trucks in the last 6 months. Final verdict, same guy??? I don't think so. Blowhard??? Yes.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
BuzzGun79 said:
Nice truck imo..but way overkilled with junk..lol..look close at the seat, a truck with 20k? I dont think so.IMO he is trying to make it something that its not.

Yeah.....good catch! Definitely overkill on accessories.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
BuzzGun79 said:
You guys are tough critics..lol...I think it is well done for the price being asked..lines look good and straight,side views of the panels are straight,does need some tlc under the hood,along with undercarriage detailing.I like it alot.probably has more into it than what he is getting out of it in reality.It aint cheap to restore these trucks to this kind of restoration.I would offer between 12-14k for it if i were buying.heck i know what i have in mine just in the mechanical end,and i have not even touched the body yet other than cleanup and minor detailing.

A restoration guy told me that in a GOOD economy, one would be lucky to recover 1/2 his initial parts investment, forget about his thousands of hours of love labor!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I love how at the very end of the video, he slowly drives over the camera so you can see the under carriage....very, very cool. I like this rig a lot....wonder if the wifey will let me get it...I don't think it'll last long.

What do you fellas think of this one?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That is indeed a nice truck. Bonus points for black. :wasntme:

The cruise control on the steering wheel is from a later model truck (1980's). Might want to ask if everything has been added in or just the steering wheel controls.

The VIN number is incorrect. The 4th digit on the VIN should probably be a "S", instead of a "5", which would indicate a 400 motor originally.

Since it is a catalyst F250, it was originally a California truck

Last edited:
Sorry Ken , I keep coming up with bad stuff on the trucks you pick out.

The paint on the front fenders looks like it has some terrible orange peel in it.
If I can see it in the pictures , I wonder what it would look like in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts