Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ben, can ya find out the lug pattern on those wheels for me?

Fellro

Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not bad...but not for that price. Cut it in half, and I think that would be fair.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I agree, Ben. If it were 4WD, that would be a different story. It is a VERY nice truck, though.

Fellro

Staff member
There is a 76 F250 4x4 here, no box, cab is shot, they want $550 for it, just don't have the extra cash to be spending on it... Supposed to be a fairly fresh "390" in it...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm kicking myself on this one...finally went to go see it yesterday and it was sold a couple hours before I got there. I knew I shoulda seen it sooner.

If I wasn't going of to school... I woulda grabbed it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If I wasn't going of to school... I woulda grabbed it.

Actually just got off the phone with the owner (he's the firend of a friend). The truck is being stored at his son's friend's shop, and apparently, the guy I talked to yesterday, didn't have a clue of what was going on and just said it was sold. That said, the guy has owned the truck since new, and decided he didn't want to part it out, and wants the truck to stay together. So no parts grabbing...but did say he'd let the whole truck go for $700. If I had the room, I'd definitely nab it up salvage what I want and part out the rest, I've bought worse for more.

Just "found" this one out in my scrapyard. I haven't tagged it since 2006, always been one of my favorite trucks. I had to put freeze plugs in it, got it cleaned up and tagged/insured. I've put about 100 miles on it in the last two days, love it.

myFordHoard002.jpg

It needs new door gaskets and a little tlc, eventually a little body work and paint. The only rust is above the rear tires, the rest of it is solid. 390, PS (the crappy power assist), NP435, the heavy dana 44 front end, dual batteries. The PO started putting AC in it, cut the dash for the vents, so I need to find the parts and finish installing it.

I've looked at lots of highboys in my time, and I've yet to see one with anything close to the springs this one has. The overloads are beefier than most have in the main pack. The damn thing rides like a mid 80's toyota, you have to wear seatbelts to keep from hitting your head on the headliner if the road isn't glass smooth, haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts