Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is there a thread on this guy or at least did someone mention how crooked he is (At least that's what I heard)? I was on another forum and a guy posted another truck for sale by him and I tried to tell him he was crooked but I didn't have the evidence (I know kinda stupid). I think I saw he was crooked on here right? Where can I find it if it's on here? Thanks.

There have been two relatively lengthy threads on him here...one was started by Scott (Ranger429)...and I started another one. It's been a long while ago now, and I can't even remember the thread titles. I know I've dealt/talked with him a couple times on behalf of other members he'd no longer reply to. There is no doubt some of his trucks look nice and he has the luxury of the PNW trucks...but he used to post listings that were strewn with bold faced lie after bold faced lie...looks like he's cut back on that alot.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
There is no doubt some of his trucks look nice and he has the luxury of the PNW trucks.
PNW (Pacific Northwest) trucks can rust just as bad as trucks that reside in the rust belt.

It rains and rains in the PNW and it snows, so salt is used on the roads.

Along the coast, the marine layer rolls in on a regular basis (just like it does here in LA LA Land). The marine layer coats the entire vehicle with a salty solution, and if not washed off on a regular basis, rust begins.

The cab drip rails are usually the first parts to begin to rust...and seems to affect 1967/72's much more than other years.

The Bottom Line is: Inspect first before passing along the green, cuz the PNW truck may be as rusty as the RMS Titanic!

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Ok thanks for the info guys. I wonder how he manages a 90% positive feedback rating? He definitely seems to be telling the truth on that listing. I personally will never buy a truck from him (most likely).

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
IIRC Duncan, that's a re-post.

I'm not seeing that much quality on it. From what I can see, it looks like the frame was rattle canned. The engine bay could be cleaner. The seat is... interesting. And I'm just not sure about them shiny wheels.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dunno if it is [confused] but the ww sprayers aren't connected and the CC horn pad looks good :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Dunno if it is [confused] but the ww sprayers aren't connected and the CC horn pad looks good :D

I would have never noticed the ww sprayers... good catch.

That horn pad does look pretty nice. :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I've seen wheels like that before, but usually on the bad side of town, not on a dentside. :wasntme:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
What's the condition of the bed floor under that bed liner? Since foo foo cans were used to spray the frame flat black, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the bed floor is Swiss Cheese.

Another clueless ebay seller...the truck has a tilt wheel, but there's no mention of it, and...

If anyone believes that is the actual mileage, they need to take a course in Reality 101.

The odometers of these trucks read to 99,999.9 then return to ZERO!

It's a snap to roll the odometers back and this illegal practice was performed by crooked used car dealers and owners alike.

"Owned by a TX family since new" How long have they lived in TX? The truck was assembled at the MICHIGAN Truck Assembly Plant (VIN code L).

Trucks of this and previous vintages that were sold new in TX were usually assembled at the Dallas TX Assembly Plant (VIN code D). The only way to know for sure is by the DSO code...which wasn't posted.

78F250SCCS said:
Am I missing something here?
What rock did this seller crawl oughtta? There is no way = NONE that this is an Eddie Bauer Edition, cuz FoMoCo didn't offer any Eddie Bauer Editions on any vehicles until the late 1980's.

Even if it was, the paint scheme is wrong as it woulda been painted "Eddie Bauer Tan" along the lower body sides.

What 1974 came with a 351? N-O-N-E = NONE! Seller want 17 grand for his pile of miseries....I doubt it would bring 4 grand as it has multiple sins.

The link for this pile will be found in post #423.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I wonder how he manages a 90% positive feedback rating?

Uninformed buyers not knowing the difference between H & S engine codes, and not knowing there is a VIN located on the frame and all in all not knowing much about these rigs.

the CC horn pad looks good :D

Oh damn...Duncan is gonna start buying spare trucks for parts. Everyone hold on, the price of this rigs are about to skyrocket.

the grill surround looks new but has a dull finish. But its a pretty truck

There are several places out there that offer grille surrounds that are unfinished, that kinda look like a dull brushed aluminum. I haven't seen one that isn't of the $100 china made variety though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
First one is either misadvertised as a highboy, or not original, if it were, it woulda had the in cab gas tank.

Fellro

Staff member
Plus it has a 400.. or as he stated"400M"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts