Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

truck dies....

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok guys.. im having an issue with the flareside..

its cutting out at cruising speeds sometimes and also will die when pulling up to a stop. also surges some at idle etc. will die at times in park idling..

not always but often after its warmed up.

i cant figure it out. thought i had it fixed with a idle adjustment but wrong..

IAC????

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Pull the codes. See if the computer can at least give you a hint on air vs. fuel

Ryan

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Trying cleaning the iac for you problem at idling. Also check for vacuum leaks. Check fuel pressure pressure at cruising speed and see if it drops or anything like that.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Need to drive it with fuel pressure gauge attached and monitor what is going on.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm sure he will. He needs to get some more info and do some tests and then we will be able to help him with what to check next.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
21... cooling temerature sensor out of specs or ect out of range

23.... TP sensor out of range or Idle set to high (idle is mine had to to keep it running)

24..... Intake Air Charge temperature (ACT, IAT) sensor or vane air temp (VAT) sensor out of range.

34... Evap control system fault/voltage higher than closed limit/defective EGR pressure transducer sensor.

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
Remove neg batt cable to 15 minites and or clear codes n drive some more.

For all those random codes to come up i have a slight hunch the pcm is taking a poo poo on ya.

Also, are u sure everything is back in its original spot after the trans was installed? IMHO i would return it to the trans shop and let them know about it.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Remove neg batt cable to 15 minites and or clear codes n drive some more.

For all those random codes to come up i have a slight hunch the pcm is taking a poo poo on ya.

Also, are u sure everything is back in its original spot after the trans was installed? IMHO i would return it to the trans shop and let them know about it.

I can't drive it its so bad... but ill try.

Transfer shop already checked it again

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I wouldn't jump right on the pcm being bad either. You need to test the sensors, etc. If one can't compensate for another being out of range sometimes you will get semmingly false codes. Also check the wiring for the sensors and make sure nothing is pinched, frayed, or bare. Since you said you already reset the computer with the same results doing it again probably won't help. Unless you did not have those codes the first time. Then it is worth a shot. Trace the wires back from those sensors and see if they are in the same harness and see if you have a common broken wire somewhere.

Ford Truck Articles