Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about HID Conversion

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
they r pulling over rides with the different colored and HID lights in PA. They can't write you up . But its a warning and they can always find other things.
They could still write you up if they've got a spectrometer and can measure the amount of light you're putting out, and if it's over the legal limit.

they r pulling over rides with the different colored and HID lights in PA. They can't write you up . But its a warning and they can always find other things.

They most certainly can write you up. These cheap HID kits on Ebay are foreign and DO NOT carry the DOT stamp of approval, which means there illgal in any sense.. HIDS are designed for the projector headlights, that way the beam is focused down. They blind people in our trucks if you buy them here there about 250 bucks..

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks like they've got an Eagleye High + Low HID Conversion kit for my truck for $180
http://www.carkingsllc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=11

Researched Eagleye and its a direct import from China, company by the name of "Guangzhou Liancheng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd."
http://lchid.en.alibaba.com/product...ersion_Kits/hid_conversion_kits_eagleye_.html

Still haven't found any testimonials as to the quality of these things.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks like they also sell the same product under the brand names Conquer, Cobra, Bullbat, and a few others...

Bullbat_HID.jpg

CONQUER_HID_KITS.jpg

Confirmed that these all come from the same manufacturer.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
cant you just stick with stock , damn hippie
Hahahaha, I can see you'll fit in quite nicely around these parts.

Nah, ever since I saw Mike (FordF350Baby)'s HID conversion I can't let it go. Looks really awesome. I think the brownish tint to the headlights on these trucks really dates them.

Michigan
What exactly does the kit have? A nice shinny box that looks like a brief case for a couple of light bulbs? Id say have the cost of it is just to make that box lol.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What exactly does the kit have? A nice shinny box that looks like a brief case for a couple of light bulbs? Id say have the cost of it is just to make that box lol.
Yeah that's kinda stupid how that one comes in the metal box...

These kits include Xenon HID bulbs, HID Ballasts (the unit for converting your regular headlight power to the correct output), and needed mounting hardware. Some of the Bi-Xenon kits (hi/low beams) also come with a solenoid for switching to the other beam in the lightbulb.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yeah that's kinda stupid how that one comes in the metal box...

These kits include Xenon HID bulbs, HID Ballasts (the unit for converting your regular headlight power to the correct output), and needed mounting hardware. Some of the Bi-Xenon kits (hi/low beams) also come with a solenoid for switching to the other beam in the lightbulb.

Don't HID's need special housings? I thought they put out enough heat to melt regular housings???

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Don't HID's need special housings? I thought they put out enough heat to melt regular housings???
I would think that they put out LESS heat than a conventional bulb since they consume roughly half as much power... That's just a very uneducated guess though.

EDIT: I do know that FordF350Baby runs HIDs in his regular headlight housings (dunno if they're stock or aftermarket) but he never mentioned anything about HID specific housings.

Last edited:
I would think that they put out LESS heat than a conventional bulb since they consume roughly half as much power... That's just a very uneducated guess though.

EDIT: I do know that FordF350Baby runs HIDs in his regular headlight housings (dunno if they're stock or aftermarket) but he never mentioned anything about HID specific housings.

You can run stock headlight housing. They run hotter i believe which is why the light is so intense. There VERY easy to install. You just need to mount or tie down the balasts. They do make a buzzing noise and they will interfere with your radio.. pain, but o well. You might just need to put more shielding on the antenna wires

so you went extra terrestrial? lol
i know with mine i had radio interference

Ford Truck Articles