Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about HID Conversion

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
We have the HID in the Denali and I tell you what, I don't know how I'm gonna like my truck after seeing these lights, These things are AWESOME!!!

HID's are pretty nice but beware, YOU WILL NOT HAVE HIGH BEAMS!!! if you want high beams you will need to find Bi-Xenon HID's. All it is is a solenoid on the bulb that pivots the bulb.

I had 10000k in my truck
HID1.jpg

HID2.jpg

Ok pictures i guess, i was on an angle so you dont get to see how bright they are

Heres another one
HIDs.jpg

You can kinda see the beam

nextras, both ur pics look nice - what kind of lights are those?

9007 HID 10000 degrees kelvin in temp (10000k-Briliant blue). I can get them for about 70.

again YOU WILL NOT HAVE HIGH BEAMS which is illegal in most states.

Also, if you get pulled over and your town/city equips there officers with a spectrometer, your screwed.

I pulled mine out cause i wanted high beams back.

Another problem you will notice is that sometimes only one light will come on, you just need to shut them off and on again and they should come right back on.

Any more questions? lol ive had to learn alot about HID's, i get them for all my friends in the group

Nextras, they do make hi/lo setups in HID, they're not ALL single beam setups... You just bought the wrong one.

I know that, i didnt buy the wrong one, i knew what i was buying. If you want hi/low you need to buy whats known as a "Bi-Xenon" which has a solenoid that pivots the bulb.

The ones with the xenon reg and halogen hi really stink and tend to melt the plastic of the housing.

i stated this already too lol
NeXtras said:
...if you want high beams you will need to find Bi-Xenon HID's. All it is is a solenoid on the bulb that pivots the bulb.

You guys should try driving at night with the old sealed beams. They are called "candles in the wind" for a reason!!!

Even plain old halogen sealed beams are a huge improvement.

Yes...I know...I can get HIDs for it. I do not want them though. Not stock looking and I would have to upgrade the wiring and add relays. Maybe even an alternator. No thanks.

You guys should try driving at night with the old sealed beams. They are called "candles in the wind" for a reason!!!

Even plain old halogen sealed beams are a huge improvement.

Yes...I know...I can get HIDs for it. I do not want them though. Not stock looking and I would have to upgrade the wiring and add relays. Maybe even an alternator. No thanks.

HID's actually use LESS power, 35 amps versus 55amps i believe.

And Skan the ones you were looking a were low beams only thats why i said that

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
wherever you go in the south youll find yourself blinded if you HIDs. believe me every one i know that has KC lights and aux lights will flip them on a person with HIDs. i flip on my 4 highs. Im a dick but if i can see a god damn thing you aint going to be able to see anythign aswell

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
they r pulling over rides with the different colored and HID lights in PA. They can't write you up . But its a warning and they can always find other things.

Ford Truck Articles