Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The 'New' 400

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
HAHA...yeah, my main problem isn't going to be yanking it out...it'll be 'what did I forget to put back on/hook back up/tighten up' when it's all said and done.

That's what you have us for smilieFordlogo.

But I don't know a thing about 400's.:wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's what you have us for smilieFordlogo.

But I don't know a thing about 400's.:wasntme:

HAHA...thanks for the support...and being humble about your knowledge of the 400.

Next question...anyone have a LMC catalog that shows where everything is to pull the grille...been 7 years since I did that...and I can't remember.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
It's harder to navigate around campus, and gets 8-10 mpg's. I drive it when I'm at home. I used to drive thunder up here when my 87 Bronco's AOD went out, and it wasn't all that fun. So the Bronco gets the best mpg's outta my rides, easiest to navigate around Knoxville, and I don't give a damn if it gets scratched or dinged.

Hmm for that kinda fuel mileage i'd just drive a semi :p

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Next question...anyone have a LMC catalog that shows where everything is to pull the grille...been 7 years since I did that...and I can't remember.

I'm sure I do somewhere.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm sure I do somewhere.

Alright...well if it's convenient sometime...shoot it my way. There might be some reps in it for ya...haha.

hey ben how much trucks do you have, im looking for any ford/with a/a351m400 anyones got, im at portland oregon and got family at detroit so ive been al around, got milk ,? to sell?

besides everybody ;learns from somebody, but when you REALLY learnin is from lonelly work, good luck pal...

by the way drunk saturday post, ill be glad to die from liver cirrhosis... my sons learning from me so i better leave some 335 legacy for him...

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
The grille dont need to get pulled Ben just the hood.

That's what I was thinking, but some people like to do thing their way.

hey ben how much trucks do you have, im looking for any ford/with a/a351m400 anyones got, im at portland oregon and got family at detroit so ive been al around, got milk ,? to sell?

besides everybody ;learns from somebody, but when you REALLY learnin is from lonelly work, good luck pal...

by the way drunk saturday post, ill be glad to die from liver cirrhosis... my sons learning from me so i better leave some 335 legacy for him...

I new there would be a drunk post from someone this weekend!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Alright...thanks Dan...was just gonna do it for more room.

Also use a carb plate to pull it. It make it a TON easier to pull rather than chains.

Again thanks for the tip

Good drunk post Joe...but sorry, no trucks are on the chopping block at the moment.

I was rather disappointed with the drunk to sober post ratio this weekend myself.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Alright...thanks Dan...was just gonna do it for more room.

Also use a carb plate to pull it. It make it a TON easier to pull rather than chains.

Again thanks for the tip

Good drunk post Joe...but sorry, no trucks are on the chopping block at the moment.

I was rather disappointed with the drunk to sober post ratio this weekend myself.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
The radiator support is what gets in the way. But if your hoist will reach far and go high enough then your fine. Ya will have to pull the radiator though. I always pull the accesories off the front except for the water pump.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Anybody know the actual name for a 'carb plate'...trying to get one off summit and can't find it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I mean like a plate so I can lift the engine. The thing Dan was referencing to earlier.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Do you have an aluminum intake ? Don't know if I'd lift the engine with a carb plate if you do.

Yeah I do...and good point, I didn't think about that...but it's still a useful tool to have. So can anyone point me in the right direction?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I wouldn't remove the front clip personally. I've seen it suggested a bunch of times, but removing just the hood is more than enough room. If you want the truck lower so the engine clears the rad. support deflate the front tires.

Try this Ben:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1015/

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts