Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've seen this truck on ebay a couple other times...used to have a utility bed on it. But now that it's off...doesn't it look like someone threw a CC cab on a reg cab frame? I could see that thing going in the the 4-5k range though just because of how nice the body is and having the 7.3:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-F....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

This looks like a pretty sweet truck too. The price would be pretty good too if anybody had any money these days. Side note, isn't this a truck from a member on the other site?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Really...2k for a rolling chassis and body parts????? Gotten full driveable trucks that look better than that for under 1500. I realize you're getting a parts truck too...but c'mon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy Crap...where's this guy been...never seen him before. Looks like he has a couple 350 SC 4x4's for me...sweeeeeeet. Wonder what kinda price range he's lookin for since a price isn't listed? And I think that's the first 79 350 CC 4x4 I've ever seen too...is that for real? For some reason I just always assumed all you could get was 250 CC 4x4...probably because I've never seen a 350. Laslty, can anyone vouch for this seller???? I saw a few discrepancies in a few of his listings.

He has been around a long time Ben. No F-350 4x4 CC's ever made. He buys and restores these trucks in a shop with some help I think. The black CC was 22K and the other tu-tone brown was 20K. He's had them for a while, 1st I've seen of the "F-350" CC he has listed.

See this black one he has listed as an XLT but it does not have the woodgrain door panels.

79_blk_crew_int.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...those XLT listings were some of the discrepancies I was talking about. Look like good trucks, and like they could be fairly solid rebuilds...just didn't know if this guy was a snake too, or was just sloppy with his correctness.

Well when it comes to building a CC it is a lot harder to find some parts. I was fortunate enough to win a set of front and rear XLT panels in black on ebay that I'll use in my CC.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I wonder what his credibility is on the rebuilds. Are they quality or just some backyard job made to look good in order to sell with many hidden bugs. To do a quality restoration takes some money (unless you start with a very nice truck to begin with and do ALL the work yourself) and the turnaround for these trucks usually don't make you gobbs of money. I don't want to discredit the guy, cuz the trucks look great and it's nice to see someone do this, but it always makes me leary when someone does because in many cases the so called restorations are crap and people get screwed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...that's basically what I was trying to get at too Buck...was tryin to figure out if he was a snake like the guy on ebay...or if he was a stand up dude. I was a little skeptical when I saw the "79 350 CC 4x4" and then noticed some flaws between his descriptions and pictures. Then on top of that...how do guys just stumble across trucks in that sorta condition and then just spiff them up a bit for profit. Not buyin it. Cuz like you said, it can get quite pricey to restore these rigs, and it does take aloooooot of time. And if the prices Scott said were true, while they are high, the guy has to be barely breaking even, if not taking a loss.

Don't know if you'all noticed but he's got most of the grill surrounds painted.
That would make for an easy fix on dented suurounds

I've read where some people were wondering what it would look like.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Don't know if you'all noticed but he's got most of the grill surrounds painted.
That would make for an easy fix on dented suurounds

I've read where some people were wondering what it would look like.

I don't think it looks too bad actually. I even thought about doing something like that, but decided that the shiny aluminum look is much better.

Ford Truck Articles