Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
I've seen this truck listed several time over the last couple years, and it's a good looking truck:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...238QQitemZ170315836238QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Last time I saw it, opening bid was 11k and he wanted 25k for it. Last time it was listed, it had a pretty serious dent on the passenger side below the marker light on the bed. Looks like he tried to pop it out, but there's still visible damage. And last time, it was a 460 stroked to a 521, now it's up to a 543. I bet if he got that dent fixed up right he could get 10k for it. I'd take it for that...if I had the money, but it would need different paint, get rid of those flares and that visor on the windshield.

I know this truck... lives just down the road from me. I don't know him well, so can't comment on the engine discrepency, but I have looked over the truck pretty well. He has done a nice job on it, and lot's of money in it. He has another box for it, but it doesn't have the tool box and it has duel fuel doors, so he's just left it for now. That, and the paint was custom mixed, and the data is gone, so matching it would be a challenge. I did give him hell for putting in tan seats with an otherwise black/silver interior - not what I would have done. Plus, he went with the really cheapo LMC door panels (look closely - you will notice the fake "buttons" around the panel's perimeter). He did so much of the rest of the truck first-class that the interior is somewhat disappointing! He is like us, though, doesn't "have" to get rid of it - just likes to throw it out there once in a while to see if he can minimize his loss.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know this truck... lives just down the road from me. I don't know him well, so can't comment on the engine discrepency, but I have looked over the truck pretty well. He has done a nice job on it, and lot's of money in it. He has another box for it, but it doesn't have the tool box and it has duel fuel doors, so he's just left it for now. That, and the paint was custom mixed, and the data is gone, so matching it would be a challenge. I did give him hell for putting in tan seats with an otherwise black/silver interior - not what I would have done. Plus, he went with the really cheapo LMC door panels (look closely - you will notice the fake "buttons" around the panel's perimeter). He did so much of the rest of the truck first-class that the interior is somewhat disappointing! He is like us, though, doesn't "have" to get rid of it - just likes to throw it out there once in a while to see if he can minimize his loss.

Well it's good to hear someone can actually vouch for it. It seemed like a reeeeal nice truck...although as you said a couple corners were cut and/or not fixed. Maybe if you see him again, give him a shout and tell him to come on over here if he is like us.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That kinda sucks about the paint data being lost. Of course I'm sure a good painter could match it up really close. AFA th door panels, I never noticed that until it was brought up. Not too big of deal as long as they fit OK.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Found a few more on ebay:

You MO boys must really believe adding stickers to the window really does add HP...I gotta question the body lean though, could be a good fixer upper:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-F....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I think Red needs a little brother...too bad opening bid is about 4-5k more than what it should be:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Looks like this one COULD be a steal...but if it runs and all it needs is a gas tank...why does it need to be trailered...makes me wonder what's really wrong with it for the price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Quite a few CC's recently:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For some reason I thought you were going to paint it a different color. Why did I think that?'smiliedoh'

It will be a different color than it is now. It'll be the same paint scheme as Scott's...just in red and white, instead of black and silver.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It will be a different color than it is now. It'll be the same paint scheme as Scott's...just in red and white, instead of black and silver.

I think that will be awesome. I kinda wished I'd gone with a two tone on mine, but I figured the racetrack chrome would look very nice on an all solid color.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think that will be awesome. I kinda wished I'd gone with a two tone on mine, but I figured the racetrack chrome would look very nice on an all solid color.

Racetrack trim makes anything look better IMO. I gotta ask though, have you thought about just doing the trim that goes in the dent???? I personally think on solid color trucks, just the dent chrome looks best, breaks up the color just enough.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well were gettin ready to swap all the stuff over from the 76 to the 72 and were gonna pull the motor out and put the 352 back in it to sell it. I was wonderin what we could get out of it? Ill leave the tires and wheels on it and Im gonna try to fix the stick Ford hubs and put them on it. Im takin the roll bar and lights along with the tool box in the back of the bed and the mirrors. Ill also swap the seats out between the two. Ill also put it back to the Ford ignition. Ill put a lower end cd player back into it and Ill leave the speakers. The CB is already out of it. The gun rack will also be comin out along with the hat hanger. I was thinkin 1500 for it but I dont know if itll sell.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well were gettin ready to swap all the stuff over from the 76 to the 72 and were gonna pull the motor out and put the 352 back in it to sell it. I was wonderin what we could get out of it? Ill leave the tires and wheels on it and Im gonna try to fix the stick Ford hubs and put them on it. Im takin the roll bar and lights along with the tool box in the back of the bed and the mirrors. Ill also swap the seats out between the two. Ill also put it back to the Ford ignition. Ill put a lower end cd player back into it and Ill leave the speakers. The CB is already out of it. The gun rack will also be comin out along with the hat hanger. I was thinkin 1500 for it but I dont know if itll sell.

I think you're looking for the 'Price My Dent' thread...but, knowing all the problems you've had with the '76...I'd say 1500 is a good place to start negotiations...I wouldn't take less than 1000 for it though.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Racetrack trim makes anything look better IMO. I gotta ask though, have you thought about just doing the trim that goes in the dent???? I personally think on solid color trucks, just the dent chrome looks best, breaks up the color just enough.

Yes I did and I kinda wish I would've went that way. My bed was setup for the racetrack and I never had my buddy fill in all the mounting holes. Too late now, He already started to prime/paint it.

Just gets me thinking, I wish I could do bodywork myself so If I changed my mind, I could just fix it. At one time I was going too, but after investing so much cash in the engine and what not, I didn't want to have a body that looked like crap. I think with the next project, I'll try it out. I even thought about taking some autobody classes just so I could do my own work or at least have a clue.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts